Sunday, April 30, 2017

More on Being Humble

If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise or disgrace, because you know what you are.
Mother Teresa

Isn't that beautiful? That is what I want.  I want to know what I am.  I want to be above the need for praise and beyond the fear of disgrace.  How wonderful that would be to live our lives that way...humble to the core. I am beginning to see my goof ups and embarrassing moments, my rejections, and my mistakes in a totally different light now.  They touch me less; they define me not.  I may never be a "great" writer, a "great" photographer, a "great" thinker, teacher, parent, or person in the eyes of others or myself.  That is okay.  I will still write, photograph, think, teach, parent and be for the sheer joy of it and with the hope that what I offer will benefit someone somewhere someday.

We are not as we appear to others in our glory or in our shame. We are much more than that.  We are all much more than that. Maybe I am finally getting it.  Do you think?  :)

It is all good.

Being humble means recognizing that we are not on earth to see how important we can become, but to see how much difference we can make in the lives of others.
Gordon B. Hinckley


No comments:

Post a Comment