Monday, April 24, 2017

Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
Napoleon Bonaparte

I believe it is more important to Be than it  is to Act

To get to that level of spacious being we may have to begin with thought...more precisely, the retraining of the mind and the learning to shut it off. 

I have spent a lot of time in deliberation and now I believe it may be time to act.  I have accepted but I have not surrendered.  

Maybe I have to act on this pain...seek out confirmation and better pain management. 

Maybe I have to act on the swelling and submit to a diuretic. 

Maybe I have to act on my situation: financial, household maintenance etc by  admitting defeat. 

Maybe I need to  admit that I am not happy with the way it is and seek help outside myself to make it better. 

Maybe I need to act on the reality of my external life and the effect it must have on my psyche...and  talk to some professional  about it. 

Maybe I need to go in! The first step to going in  is coming up with a plan for deliberate action...I do that by stopping thinking and allowing the answers to come. 

What???? 

You see.... the answers as to what one has to do is not necessarily going to come in "thought form".  We may not hear words and clear directions coming to us:  "You have to do this...you have to go there..." 

Our inspiration and motivation for certain action  will often come from a space beyond the  mind and the knowing we get, we may never be able to describe in words. 

We accept, we allow and then we act. 

Where does one draw the line between accepting, allowing and acting? I will need to use the mind to think about that and write about those "thoughts"  at another time. lol.   For now I stop thinking and go in.

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment