Monday, April 17, 2017

Reflect upon your present blessings - of which every man has many- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
-Charles Dickens

My blessings:
  • My children and the precious time I spend with them.  I cooked a big Ester Dinner last evening and all my children sat around my table laughing and talking and complimenting me on the food.  There was gratitude, love and joy in those moments.  Then, when the food was put away and the dishes were washed... D. and all of us played a board game  where we acted silly and laughed even louder.  I looked around that table at my blessings and felt my heart swell.  This is Life, I thought, in all its perfect majesty.  How could I ever find reason to complain when there is this much love in my life?
  • My family and friends at work and beyond.  So grateful for them, all of them, for touching my life the way they do.  Oh ego, at those times it festers, likes to find reasons to be displeased but it has to dig very deep with great effort to do so lately.  The older and more wiser I get...the more work it has to do to find reasons to complain about my relationships.  Ego is tiring itself out in its attempt to stir up drama in my relations with others or to react to the egos of others...and I appreciate even more the blessing I find here.
  • D....I have found a gentle soul who is more evolved than most without even knowing how evolved he is.  He is my Slim and his presence in my life is a quiet reflection of how I wish to be.
  • My Pets.  I am surrounded by gentle guardians of my being.  They teach me so much with their presence.  They fill my life with joy and peace.
  • My words.  This ability to come here and sprinkle words across the screen is such a blessing to me.  It fills me with so much purpose and a connection to something greater.  I am a writer...regardless of how I am seen by others.  I am a writer and that to me is one of my greatest blessings!
  • Nature.  The world that surrounds me heals me, inspires me and helps me to grow into a better person. It connects me to my source.  When I am out there in the woods with the sunlight streaming down through the canopy above my head...I feel like I am in a sacred spot.  I want to photograph it...still it forever so others can see how precious it is.  I want to breathe it in to my very core so I remember how it is a part of me.  Being surrounded my nature is a holy experience for me.
  • My work.  So grateful to the college for allowing me to stay on with such limited part time hours and protecting me with certain benefits when I was so sure my decision in 2014 would dissolve all of that. Grateful for the opportunity to get out and "normalize" a few hours a week doing what I do love to do. Grateful for the income.  :)
  • My miraculous body.  Man...this body  is an amazing vehicle that takes me around from place to place, that allows me to experience life.  I can do so much....and I am grateful.  It also talks to me and teaches me through its symptoms and I am learning to listen and understand its meaning.  I am learning to work with it...instead of against it.
  • My miraculous mind.  Man this thing I call my mind is truly something.  It is a wonderful tool I can use to expand and grow into all I am meant to be.
  • The ability to get beyond mind and body.  Now this is the true blessing!  I am learning...I am learning.
  • All the learning I have done over the years intentionally and unintentionally!   Every hardship, every difficulty, every challenge as well as every opportunity and blessing I encounter teaches me and takes me closer to where I want to be.  I just love learning and growing!!!!  I see the learning and growing I have already done and the learning and growing ahead of me and I am in awe.
  • Waking up.  Man I am so thrilled by this process of waking up.  I can't get enough of it.  I want to learn all I c an...practice, write, speak about it.  It consumes me.  I want to be aware and conscious!!! I want to be an example.
  • Life.  I am so grateful just to be alive.  To feel the Life force flowing through me...
  • This moment...I am so thankful for this one precious moment as I sit here writing my blessings.  For knowing that it is my Life and for being aware and appreciative of it.    I am so very, very blessed.
All is well in my world!

1 comment: