Monday, April 3, 2017

Accept-then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.  always work with it, not against it...This will miraculously transform your whole  life.
Eckhart Tolle

Yesterday was an eventful day...well eventful in the "emotional" sense of things if not in the action.  I have been so tired the last few days I have been doing even less than usual.  In fact, yesterday afternoon I sat down to meditate for the usual 20 minutes...got up an hour and a half later lol.  I think I nodded off from time to time losing track of the minutes.  It seemed like 20 minutes.  The day before I closed my eyes on the couch and 2 hours slipped past.  My body is demanding rest and I am giving it what it wants.  That is okay.

So anyway...why was yesterday emotionally eventful.  I am still pondering my need to let go of certain thing as I wrote yesterday;  I feel a little less well physically; I think I finally may be hitting the transition point of a woman's life (well I said that before didn't I lol...but I have had no pain in 5 weeks!  yeah!!!); I got two manuscripts out to publishers yesterday and I am watching my youngest endure her first heart break. There...other than seeing my daughter go through that...I feel so much at peace with everything.  I was walking in the woods yesterday with the dogs and I felt myself settling into the moment.  I was so connected to what I was doing then...there was no fanfare, money pouring down on me; no bells or whistles; no great achievement other than one foot going down before the other...there was no past or no future either...just the moment and I felt peace inside.  I felt the peace I want to feel.  I had what I really, really want from life in that moment.  I found myself saying, "Thank you!  Thank you!" over and over again.  It was amazing.

So about the manuscripts...two in one shot out to an Australian Publishing company that only accepts submissions on the first Monday of every month.  They look for the unagented, unsolicited work of new authours.  How cool is that? Considering the time difference...I was up until midnight trying to rewrite synopsis's and edit sample chapters....but I got them out!   I write to write but I know that publishing is a part of the process.  To complete the cycle...I need readers.  As challenging and frustrating as it is at times to submit...I know it comes with the package.  So when some easy opportunity presents itself to allow that to happen...I jump on it.  Two out in one shot.  That just makes me feel good.  Once it is out I let it go.  I write down somewhere when and to where I sent each manuscript and I completely forget about it...until I hear back, if I hear back. Once it is submitted I feel it is out of my hands.  It is like putting the boat in and letting Life  carry it down stream.  My part was the writing and the submitting...Life takes care of the rest.  So I don't pay any more attention to it. I feel good knowing that I have two of my books out there.

My daughter's heart break is at the forefront of my thinking.  Such a necessary part of growth, eh?  Yet so hard to watch.  At the same time...I know Life is guiding her to something better.  Hmmm!

All is well in my world.

1 comment: