Thursday, April 20, 2017



Just let go.  Let go of how you thought your life should be, and embrace the life that is trying to work its way into your consciousness.
Caroline Myss

Snowing out there this morning.  The world is coated in white again.  The aging dancer slipped across the stage once more  when no one was looking.  :) Good for her!  It is all good.  It is what it is. My tea is cooling beside me...and life is grand just as it is as it works its way through my consciousness so I am at least aware of it.

Still Thinking and Doing

This awareness/consciousness/waking up...whatever you wish to call it....I am learning...does not mean passivity, lack of thought or action or being completely without the ego.  Sometimes I fear it will never work its way through me...because I am still "thinking", still intent on getting things done and still very much aware that I still have a big fat ego clinging to me. 

Still Waking Up

I realize now that despite that,  I am still waking up. What awareness of the present moment...which is Life...does, is it clears a path, creates space for proper action, thinking, and creates awareness of ego's antics just so one doesn't get caught up in them. 

The fact that I can observe and see my ego at play, see and understand when I am lost in thought or doing and am able to bring myself back, even momentarily, to spaciousness shows that I am not identified with those things...I can get beyond them.  How is that for amazing? 

Yesterday I felt dizzy and miserable ( kind of like I do now) until about 11ish.  My vision and head cleared a bit then ( meds kicking in?).  Anyway, once I felt better I decided to rest and work on my marking in a pressureless and one paper at a time way.  I got that done.  I did not go for a walk....but I also was able to pick my daughter up from school, supper was taken care of by the pot pies I made the day before, was able to wash sheets and with help from daughter get them on the line.  I was able to start my bread and watch one of my favorite little shows ( Call the Midwife ::) .  D. and I even got a movie in later that evening.  Everything I could do yesterday got done without over thinking or overworking.  

All is well in my little world.   

No comments:

Post a Comment