Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Good God , morning!!
or
Good Morning, God!!
You choose , how you position those words.
You choose, how you greet the day.
You choose, how your life will be.
paraphrased from a lecture by Wayne Dyer
 
So you didn't sleep well last night.  You have some stressful things to deal with today.  Your back is sore and your joints are aching.  The alarm goes off and it feels like a kick in the teeth. You are going to be tempted to say, "Good God, morning!!"  Don't!
 
Those first few moments after opening our eyes  are crucial determinants to how our day will be.  We set a precedent for the remainder of it.  How we greet the morning ahead of us is basically how we greet the life ahead of us.  If I wake up and curse God for the morning...feeling only my aches and pains and the dread of what is ahead...I am resisting what is.  I tell myself and the world that life is something to be avoided and feared; that I don't want it. I have already pretty much determined the outcome of the hours ahead of me.  I allow those negative thoughts to determine what day I am going to have.  I chose a life approach based on resistance, fear and hardship.
 
If, on the other hand, I wake up and stretch up tall, smile and say out loud; "Good morning, God!"  I am expressing how wonderful it is to wake up to yet another day and I am honoring God for the blessing of being alive.  I am alive!!! There is a full day of living before me!!!.  I am grateful for the moment and open and accepting of  the day ahead of me. I send good thoughts out into the hours that will make up this day.  I choose a life approach of acceptance, hope and expectation.
 
Every thought is a catalyst for an emotional response.  Every emotion is energy that is stored within or expressed outwardly.  What we think and say to others is going to determine how we feel,  and how we feel will determine our life outcomes.  Those first few moments upon awakening are fresh  moments ...we have a clean slate...and we can build on that with positivity or negativity.  We can greet the day or we can curse the day.  We can accept it gratefully or we can resist it and crawl back into bed with the pillow over our heads. We can stretch into it or attempt to  curl up away from it...but the day will pass regardless.  It can be amazing or it can be ugly.  That is our choice! 
 
So get out of bed, plant a smile on your face, stretch up tall and say..."Good Morning, God!!!"  Say it!  Act as if you feel it and you eventually will!!! This is your day!!  This is your life!! Isn't it amazing?
 
Good Morning, God!!

1 comment: