Saturday, April 1, 2017


Dear housecleaning,

You are not attractive and I am not doing you.

Sorry

(unknown)

Do you remember this from March 27th?  (I am sure you have nothing better to do than remember big long spiels from my entries lol).  I said I would revisit this in a month to see how things are.

A professional cleaning company has come in to clean my house and now I have someone hired to come in once a week to maintain it.  At least half of the previous clutter is gone to charity. I have clean and easy to maintain stone counters that always shine,  I have freshly painted cupboards and walls that are easy to wipe clean. I mop the floor with ease twice a week with this easy to use mop. The new garbage/ recyclable container in the kitchen and the one outside...help to keep garbage hidden away.  Our Roomba works hard so I do not have to...and there is no little to no hair.  The pet covers fit nicely over the bit of furniture  we have and contain the remainders of the pet hair.  The air is fresh in this open spacious house thanks to the wall down and the air purifiers.  There is so much light brightening up everything. Kids are helping out with cooking on the self cleaning oven, taking turns loading and emptying the dishwasher; and washing and putting away their own laundry.   The kitchen floor looks clean enough to eat off of.   Kids have their space downstairs and bring friends over all the time.  I have people in as well.  It is all good."  
  I feel peaceful, worry-free, content, warm, confident and more than welcoming when I look at my home before opening it to others.  When the doors are closed, I feel so content and peaceful in my clean little habitat.  I feel secure in knowing that I am  doing my part in creating a clean, secure environment for those I love.

What have I manifested so far: I got a new garbage can...yeah...may not seem like much to you but it makes my life so much easier. We are looking for a Roomba with every intention of buying one when we find one on sale for a reasonable price. I removed the old pet covers from the couch and put on sheets...not attractive...no...but they stay better than the other covers do and maybe the dog hair is more contained...maybe. :) We are also looking for air purifiers.  Don did very well this week so we can afford them.  Well...about the kids...hmmmm...well my daughter did her own laundry this week.  That is a start.  I am cleaning  a little more...some days.(see above quote :))  I am going to buy that mop that makes cleaning floors easier today or tomorrow...put  a little money away from the child tax credit for that. Whether it works or not, it is going to make me feel better thinking that life will be easier and I will be likely to use it  lol.  It is all a mental game of thinking and feeling better, right?

So how do I feel...now.  I feel more peace than I did.  I worry less about the house.  A little more hopeful if not completely content with my home environment right now.  I won't have an open house any time soon lol but now that I have a "clean home" out there as an intention I do feel better. 

It is all good!

1 comment: