Sunday, April 9, 2017

Awareness is the power that is concealed within the present moment.  That is why we can also call it presence.
Eckhart Tolle


An absolutely beautiful day out there today.  The sky is blue; the breeze is warm; and snow is melting. It is all good. 

Only moments ago I had a head full of problems...looking at the house around me and wondering how I am going to get the energy to clean it, feeling the sting of guilt for letting it get so bad and telling D.  he cannot clean without me because he worked six days in a row and today is his only day off...shooing him away from chores until I feel ready...and God knows when that will be! 

 I knew I had to come here to clear my head and that is what I did.

This is the Moment; Right here; Right Now.

At this moment right here and now...there are no problems...just the sound of my fingers tapping across the keys over  a background of beautiful relaxing music.   There is the  feel of the hot cup of tea in my hands and the awareness of spring light coming through my window. 

Is there thought?  Well yes... but it is coming so quickly and leaving so quickly...it is just like a wisp of wind passing by.  :) I am not attached to any thoughts.   In this moment my body is relaxed in my chair.  My dog is relaxed beside me and there are no problems...

Right now...in this moment ...here.... not the one I had a moment ago when I was lost in remembering and thinking about problems :)...this moment...there is no problem....I sink into the piano chords I hear beneath the sound of my tapping fingers...feel them holding me, comforting me, soothing me...and though I am not completely still...though I am not completely beyond thought...I am attached to nothing...floating freely and comfortably on this flow of life. 

This is Mindfulness

It is life I am feeling and I am grateful.  This is mindfulness.  This is what it means to be conscious and aware.  Of course, I am narrating...and if I were to stop that I would experience even more awareness, more life in this moment.  Of course, I am writing and moving my fingers....and if I were to stop the movement and sit in stillness for a bit I would experience even more awareness and more life in this moment. Of course my eyes are open...and if I were to close them I would experience even more awareness and more life in this moment on an even deeper level of consciousness. 

This is Life

This is what life is.  I need to keep reminding myself of that. 

It is this moment where I will find it...not in the moment that just past or the moments yet to come...but in this moment. 

Life goes beyond the thinking to feeling and the experiencing....thinking just gets in the way.  It is in the thinking only...where the problems can be found. 

In this moment there is no problem...there is just life happening all around me and through me. There is my breath...and the feel of my heart beating in my chest(my condition constantly makes me aware of my heart beating which can be something to be grateful for:)) .  There is my moving fingers and my mind at work allowing for all this to happen.  There is sound vibrating through my ear canal...through the tympanic membrane,  along the three ossicles, to the oval window and through the fluid as the membrane softly vibrates bringing the vibration ever so gracefully to the organs of corti and to the cranial nerve that will take it to the part of the brain that interprets  what I hear as beautiful music.

I am grateful for that.

 I look outside and see a lovely blue sky because of the way  the light hits my cornea, is bent and travels through the pupil to the retina where it will stimulate rods and cones to send a nerve impulse to the optic nerve which will carry it through a chiasm to the visual cortex at the back of the brain...allowing me to see what I see.

I am grateful for that.

I feel the warmth of the housecoat around my shoulders, the keys beneath my finger tips and the smooth glass of my cup in much the same way.

 I am so grateful for that.

 I am using my mind to allow free...unattached thoughts to flow from me onto the page.

I am so grateful for that.

This is awareness

This is awareness and it is not my mind, my body, my eyes or my ears that pick all this up...but that which allows me to hear, see, feel and think.  Life is this awareness!  In this moment I am aware of just how alive I am.

If we want to be well.  If we want to be free of problems...we just have to spend our moments being aware of who and what we are.

All is well in my world.

1 comment: