Wednesday, May 11, 2022

The Thinker and Thought

 What you think to be the thinker of thoughts is just one of those thoughts. What you believe to be the feeler of the feelings is just one of those feelings.  What you see as the experience of the experience, is simply part of that experience. 

Understanding non-duality can get a bit confusing especially as we make that transition from the duality consciousness where we depend on words, ideas and concepts to explain ourselves ...to the non-dual consciousness where everything just is.  For example, I keep telling myself that I am not my thoughts, I am just the observer of them.  I am not the object, I am the subject observing the object. That is where I am right now in my present understanding but at the same time I know it goes deeper than that.  Eventually we see that everything is just happening and we are that happening.  

There is no observed and the observed...there just is what is. "Observed" and "observer" are just words, ideas, concepts.  There is no subject and object...there is just now. "Subject" and "Object" are just words, ideas, concepts.  There is no knower and known...there is just the knowing.

When we first begin to "transform" or awaken we make the distinction between thought and thinker.  That is an important step.  We need to catch ourselves thinking therefore we need an observer of thought ( thinker) and thought.  Then we advance a step farther. According to Eckhart Tolle, We don't think. We are being thought...we are created by thought. Therefore, we can come to see we are thought. 

Alan Watts takes it farther by asking, " Is breathing something you do?" and the answer is "No".  We don't breathe , we are being breathed.  Breathing, like thinking and feeling, is just happening. The only time we need to make distinctions between nouns and pronouns is in our conceptual reality , those early steps of awakening and in grammar, of course...In the reality we are coming to understand, however,  that distinction is not necessary because it isn't there.  Everything just is. 

What is the point of this ramble? 

We really cannot make our awakening happen.  We really can't control our minds. Just like we really can't make our heart beat.

What we do in the final stages of transformation ...is realize that there is something bigger and greater happening around us and we are merely a part of it. The "I " can't transform us...because all the "I" is is a thought in the head.  Transformation is happening, we just need to get out of the way and let it happen. 

Note: I cannot understand this blog site.  I really have no clue what is happening here lol.  Just trusting.

All is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment