Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Living Happily

 It is very possible to live happily and to die peacefully.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Such a simple statement.  Seems so obvious but truth is, it isn't obvious for most of us.  We do not live happily...we live "busily" chasing after things we erroneously believe will make us happy but most of us do not live happily in this moment.  In fact most of us, do whatever we can to resist and escape this moment. 

And what about death?  Well as long as we fear death, seeing the end of our sense of 'self' in it, the less likely we are going to settle peacefully into "this good night".  

I want to live happily, I want to die, when my time comes, peacefully and I want the same for others. That is why  am taking the courses I am taking. 

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment