Thursday, May 26, 2022

Space in a Pot

 Where can the Self go when all that is, is within it? If a pot is moved from one space to another, the space within the pot does not move from one space to another for everything that is, is forever in space.

The Vasisthas, as offered by Deepak Chopra and Adam Plack in The Secrets of Healing: Meditation for Transformation (2011). Spotify 

Now I am not sure if I quoted that passage above  exactly...was listening as I did my Qigong today and told myself I would remember but I am not so sure I got it exactly right.  

All about that space, that emptiness, that "shunyata" (all things are empty of intrinsic existence and nature), isn't it? Space...all space is within us and we are all space.  We are pots containing space  but that space within us goes no where when we move from place to place...because what we think of as "us", "me" "You"...this pot...this body and mind is also space. Space is neither inside or outside "us". It is us

So this brings me to another quote I have scribbled down on the back of a grocery receipt...and once again when I jotted it down weeks ago, I assumed I would remember the author.  When do we learn, at this age, not to trust our memory lol? 

You should never trade your consciousness for the the object of consciousness.

I am going to assume it was Alan Watts that said that but I can not confirm that assumption. So what we so often do as human beings is focus on the object of consciousness which could be the pot...and want that, get lost in that, see that as our reality ...rather  than honoring, focusing on, learning from and "wanting" the consciousness that observes the pot...the space. If we really want to heal at the deepest ...we need to start focusing on the space, on the consciousness that is all aware of whatever shows up upon it, around it, in it...(whatever type of term you want to use so your mind understands). 

Self is not material.  Self is space, consciousness etc. Space is all there is.  

Hmm!  It takes a while to get that understanding clear in the head...well at least in "my" head.

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment