Saturday, May 7, 2022

Grace and Flow

 Grace is uncontaminated conscious Light. It is Divinity. Prayer brings grace and grace calms you. ...Grace is the tranquilizer of the soul. With grace comes a knowing that what you are experiencing is necessary. It calms you with a sense of knowing. 

Gary Zukav, page 230-231

Looking for that Uncontaminated Conscious Light 

I guess it is Grace I am looking for when I pray, when I intend, when I test the Universe with one of my many challenges and attempt to "manifest" something. (That word "manifest" still just does not feel right when I write it or say it).  I want that peaceful, tranquilizing effect  that comes with knowing that all is in order, that all is happening exactly as it is meant to, that all I have to do is lay back and allow the flow of Life to take me where it is taking me. How easy and uncomplicated  Life would be for all of us if we operated by this uncontaminated [by conditioning] conscious Light. 

Struggling Against the Flow

So many of us resist this flow, don't we, because we do not trust it?  We believe we know better than Life how "this thing called living" should go. We panic as we are  pulled down the river ,banging into every rock and every jagged edge of the shore, getting lost in Eddies, grabbing for whatever we can to gain "control" of that which we were never meant to control.  Some of us even swim against the current , fighting it, falsely believing that we know the best direction we should be in and it isn't the direction the flow is taking us. How exhausting that is, when all we have to do is lay back and relax into the flow, into the present moment, exactly as it is.  

Lay Back and Relax

One of the greatest lessons I have ever received came from a River Guide on a white water rafting trip I went on years ago with friends. "If you fall in, don't fight the current.  Just lay back with your feet up and let the river take you home."  

The river is taking us all home but too often we let the Fear from the mind convince us we need to do whatever we can to stop our being pulled by this  flow or to at least control it. 

As I write here now, open and exposing my deeper Self in ways that many are uncomfortable with, becoming as transparent as the water itself, writing  about this "invisible something" that is responsible for the flow, I am learning to lay back and just go with it.  My ego, my personality, my mind, my "little me"...however you want to describe that entity within us that is hell bent on gaining power and control on this horizontal plane, ...wants me to kick, and flail, and turn around and swim the other way....especially when I hit those inevitable  patches of  choppy white water   Yet the more I pray for the ability to trust and be led, the more I repeat, "Thy Will be done," and  the more I find myself here, laying back with my feet up as Grace takes me peacefully  home, the more I relax  into "what is".  Oh I still panic and flail about from time to time reaching for the shore; sometimes I feel lost out in the middle of nowhere with nothing but choppy water to deal with ; I still have no idea where I am being taken  but the resisting is becoming less and less. I am actually starting to truly relax and enjoy the ride. (Thanks to Grace)  I guess, I am learning to trust after all.

Relax into the present moment. Do what you need to do in the present moment. Yours is not to worry about that which we call the future. 

Hmmm! All is well.

Gary Zukav (1989/2014) The Seat of the Soul. New York: Simon and Schuster

No comments:

Post a Comment