Sunday, May 15, 2022

A Poised Mind

 

To a poised mind the ups and downs of Life appear trivial.

The Yoga Vasisthas

Well, I don't know about you, but I want a poised mind. I want a mind that looks out at challenge and difficulty and says, "So what? It doesn't matter.  It is all good!"  I want a mind that also  looks out at beauty and abundance and says, "So what? It doesn't matter.  It is all good." 

Does the elephant flee at the sight of oxen tracks? What is of no consequence to the wise is appalling to others. For does not the rain, gathered in the foot print of a cow, seem an ocean of incalculable area to a mosquito? 

I want to view Life like a powerful beast would and not  as a tiny vulnerable insect. Trusting the mountain of stability that lies beneath our fragile little buzzing personalities will poise our minds and help us to see how much of it really is just trivial. Good or bad, scarcity or abundance...all trivial in its duality. 

Know this Suragho, that the farther removed you are from worldly distractions, the brighter the light of God illumines you. Just so long as you are engrossed in the affairs of the world, the true principle of God will not be recognized by you.

(This site is no longer showing me what was read?  I just have the number of viewers shown in last 24...and it will allow me to see some url's and the country they come from, but that is it.  And last ten posts show no readers...though I know they have been read??)

The Yoga Vasisthas as translated by Rishi Singh Gherwal, 2021


2 comments:

  1. I read every one of your articles every day and wake up looking forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am deeply touched by this comment and it is for you, then, that I write. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete