Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Another Choice Based on Trust

 All of what you are doing in each day is creating what is appropriate and perfect. Apply consciousness to this process. That is trust. Although what you encounter and what you do in each moment is appropriate and perfect to the evolution of your soul, the shape of the experiences of your life is determined nonetheless by the choices that you make.

Gary Zukav, The Seat of the Soul, page 235


I am taking a couple of courses on line.  Man, my mind tells me I am foolish to spend money I simply do not have, getting farther and farther in debt to take courses that seem so abstract to others: Positive Psychology Practitioner and Mindfulness/ Meditation Trainer. Only days ago I was fussing over the fact that my meager income was not going to cover the mortgage and here I am spending money on courses. Why??

 When I seen an advertisement come up for such courses on Friday, my heart literally just skipped. I felt pulled to investigate.  I was being introduced to an amazing course offered by many wonderful  mentors I have been following for years offering exactly what I fantasized about being able to do someday, teach this stuff professionally.  And I just needed to know...how much, how much would it cost me to take this course? I went through all the advertisement information feeling the blood rushing to my face and finally there it was...the price...7700 dollars American ( which would be a heck of a lot more Canadian) and my bubble burst and flew across the room. 

Still the feeling would not go away.  A little voice within said, "This is what you want, what you wanted for so long...to be able to teach this wonderful stuff to others, to pass on this gift of mindfulness you have been lucky enough to tap into. (and maybe even get paid for it lol)  Maybe there is a more affordable course. "  So I began to search the net...and I came a cross a Canadian Institute that offered this and was convinced that was more for me.  I liked that it was Canadian and there was a course, a prerequisite to the mindfulness training,  beginning on Monday...how serendipitous that seemed. I talked to D. ...he agreed that my getting my trainer certificate  was certainly something that would benefit me and others ...it would be an investment he said and agreed to help me take on this debt. So the next day I plopped myself down to enroll in this prerequisite...but first I wanted to know what the actual trainer course was all about  and when it would be offered. I couldn't take the risk of spending money I don't have on this prerequisite if there was no guarantee for the whole training program.  I couldn't find the information I needed.

I was about to get up and walk away, and again that little voice within me said, "No! Don't give up.  Maybe there is another course.  All you really need is the paper validation that you can teach this stuff...and maybe a bit more learning and processing for you to take on this role.Keep looking".  So I did and up came an advertisement for The School of Positive Transformation.I loved the name and this feeling of calm flooded me.  I looked into it.  The Mindfulness Trainer Certification seemed very affordable, very doable.  It was put together by a University Psychology Professor who had an "awakening" and then went on to research, study and teach about mindfulness and meditation at the University level. .  I assumed I would be getting a good pairing of both scientific validation and a bit of ancient wisdom. I pushed away my fear and I enrolled.  

As soon as I enrolled an advertisement came up again , telling me that I could get $ 200 dollars off another course that would complement this one if I enrolled within an hour.    Normally, I would not fall for such an advertising gimmick...but something told me that I needed this too.  I looked into it.  It really interested me. Oh, but the cost of two courses in my financial situation...the debt I would incur.  Could I do it?  It is not like me to spend money on myself when there are so many other tings that need the little I make. I hovered with my finger of the button that said "enroll now"  ...I asked for guidance from any and every invisible entity out there that had my back...while my mind kept saying, "What about your bills? You do not like being in debt! etc etc" and my finger went down.  I enrolled.

I will tell you more about it later. lol

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment