Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Lessons Continued: Part II: What is Forgiveness?

Forgiveness....is still and quietly does nothing. It offends no aspect of reality, nor seeks to twist it to appearances it likes.  It merely looks, and waits, and judges not.
ACIM workbook , page 401

Part Two asks a question in each section and offers ten subsequent lessons to help us understand the answer.

The first question asked is what is forgiveness. The introductory section explains that sin is just illusion and forgiving someone is just recognizing that what they did or didn't do was just an illusion.  It is a suspension of blame and judgment.

Lesson 221: Peace to my mind.  Let all my thoughts be still.
In this lesson we wait with all our brothers in quiet  for God to speak to us as One universal conscious mind.

Lesson 222: God is with me. I live and move in Him.

In this lesson we are reminded that God is everything we need...the Source of all Life and we go to him in prayer with only His name on our lips.

Lesson 223: God is my life.  I have no life but His.

Here we are reminded we are not separate but One with God and everything.  We pray to  see our goodness as parts of God, rather than our sins.

Lesson 224: God is my Father, and He love His Son

Our true identity is as children of God.  We pray to be reminded of who we really are.

Lesson 225: God is my Father, and His son loves him

Another reminder of our Oneness. We pray to God in return of the Love shown to us.

Lesson 226: My home awaits me.  I will hasten there.

We are reminded that we can go home to God, to peace by simply changing our minds and perceptions of the world we see.  We pray to God with this knowing.

Lesson 227: This is my holy instant to release.

We can go home today...this very moment by waking up from this dream we are in.  We recognize and pray to God in this recognition that everything we thought existed apart from God was merely illusion. We are free when we realize this.

Lesson 228: God has condemned me not.  No more do I.

Here we pray and realize that God knows who we are more than we know who we are.  He sees our goodness even though we may not. We can stop beating ourselves up.  We pray that we see as He does.

Lesson 229: Love, which created me, is what I am.

Love is the identity we seek and we pray to God with gratitude for keeping that identity untouched

Lesson 230: Now will I seek and find the peace of God.

We were created in peace and we remain in peace. So we pray as we seek that peace that is ours, that Self.

ACIM (2007) A Course in Miracles. combined Volume (Workbook). Foundations of Inner Peace: Mill Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment