Friday, July 17, 2020

I am not going to write today...well at least not now or here.  I am going to pull out one of my bigger projects and have a go at that.  Why? 

I caught glimpse of an old neighbour today, someone who appears in both of the books I am presently writing and I realized, with a certain sadness, how the decades have folded over us, changing and distancing...Yet I know within his form is the same freckled face boy who lived next door to me, who laughed and challenged life in a way few ever did and to whom I pledged my heart when I was seven.   In me is still the skinny, half toothless  little girl who loved everyone and everything as she danced and danced and danced in joy before  learning what fear was.  Hmmm!  Yeah...I have to tell our story.

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment