Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Observing The Programing & David Bohm

The ability to perceive or think differently is  more important than the knowledge gained.
David Bohm

Learning

Sometimes, I find myself in complete awe of the learning that is taking me somewhere I really, really want to be. I am in awe of how it shows up on my lap at a time I am seeking it, answering questions I am asking or have yet to ask. I am in awe how it feels when I take in these teachings ...how it reminds me of what I already know.  I am waking up!  Hmmm!

Spiritual Physicist

Last night I was drawn to a video of David Bohm and I have read and listened to some of his teachings before but this time it was like, "Ya!"  I mean I get tripped up on the mathematical component of physics...big time...and I still don't quite understand "Plasma", "Hidden variables", "Particle theory", Implicit vs Explicit order " other than one comes from the other, and relativity vs quantum theory.

Beyond Science

What I do get is that there is something beyond what contemporary science can explain that explains reality. There is an "undivided whole" and what we call our individual self is an "abstraction" of that whole.  I also get  that we cannot separate the observer from the observed bringing us to this understanding of consciousness that rings true for me.  There is one unifying force that exists and unifies all of us...what Einstein called, "The Field," what Andersen called the "Universal subconscious Mind," what Yoga refers to as the One True Self, what Buddhists refers to as "awareness",  what more Western religions would refer to as God and what many others who  are more scientifically minded  but willing to explore beyond science would call "consciousness".

Bohm and his contemporary  and spiritual teacher Krishnamurti explain that  thought is a powerful creative energy! On top of true creative and harmonious consciousness, however,  is a veil of "programming" and "conditioning" that gets established as (what I and Bruce Lipton call) "core beliefs".  These beliefs determine how we perceive the world, how we respond and react to it and are the source of all our problems in the world.

So how do we change the world for the better?

We change the programing, individually and collectively...it starts, however, in the so called "individual" mind.

How do we do that?

We stop looking outward to feel better about the mess our thinking is reacting to and somehow creating and turn inward.  We go to the programming, the core beliefs and change those.

How?

To do that we must first get through the veil that exists between the harmonious essence of who we really are, this indivisible wholeness, and the illusionary and fragmented world and separate self we are experiencing through our five senses.

Huh?

We observe our programming and reactivity to that programming through the mirror of relationship and feeling.  We watch how we react and respond to one another and the world at large. Our relationships reflect our inner worlds of thought and belief.  And we observe our feelings closely.  Feelings also reflect thought and belief  and are often a direct result of such.

By placing our attention and awareness on these two things we become the observer and the observed. We must become still to do so, to slip beyond the pull of thought that drags us "out there" into our doing, seeking, grasping, clinging and aversion.

Like scientists in a lab, we examine closely the phenomenon in front of us, assuming nothing, staying non bias as we watch and learn.  Since it is, in a sense, self  we are observing,  we eventually find the essence of who we really are beneath the "programming".  Just like the particles in the double slit theory react differently when observed, so will our egos.  They will lose their hold on us. The Self will then naturally emerge. Once many of us find that Self and operate from that one universal subconscious mind, from this field of infinite potential, from this Divine God nature...we can put an end to suffering and heal the world!

Of course, this reflects the Buddhist teachings, does it not? Everything is indeed connected!

All is well!

Full Film-The Life and Ideas of David Bohm (June 2020) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDpurdHKpb8

The Best David Bohm Interview (Sept 2015) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-jI0zzYgIE

No comments:

Post a Comment