Sunday, July 12, 2020

Dancing sunflowers- Reworked Version


Dancing Sunflowers

I think of them,
bending gracefully

in the arms of breeze.
Their great majestic heads,

crowned with rays of sun
vibrant and reassuring,
offered up
so cheerfully
to the fluttering
and humming Life
 that passes by.

I think of their long

strong torsos 
that hold them up
and make them tall,
through which
their Life force flows.
I see their broad leafs,
in my mind's eye...
extended outwardly,
ceaselessly asking
for more and more
of what is needed to
allow their beings
to grow and flourish

and dance,
accepting
with  shameless gratitude
nature's ever giving
bounty.

I imagine the roots,
I can not see,
extended deep below
the top soil

like elegant, pointed toes,
trusting without sight,
while delicately connecting
and
spinning into all that is.


I breathe and
settle

into this comforting image.
I find myself relaxing
and letting go
into the breeze of my own
little existence,
supported and fed by this body
that holds me upright.
Reaching out

my trembling limbs
I ask
for what is needed
to sustain me.
Blushing,

but getting past
my shame of needing;
I slowly,
ever so slowly ,

learn
to appreciate all that
lands on my
outstretched appendages,
 trusting  all

will be transformed
into that which  will

help me
stretch and lengthen
towards my celestial home
within the sky.


Though I can not yet
see my own roots,

my own tattered and worn
point shoes,
I imagine them there
extending
and reaching out
to the Source of everything.
I let go and do my best
to trust the

perfect  flow and rhythm of
of nature's dance,
allowing the music of Life
to open me up.
Like
the dancing sunflowers,
I am freed.
©  Dale-Lyn, July 2020

Did I over-write here?

I could go at this again and again and again...my mind will always find a need for  improvement.  Will always find something that could be tweaked or reworked.  The question is: When does the poet stop driving and just allow what is to be?  Isn't that what it is all about?

Hmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment