Monday, May 8, 2017

Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Mark 11:24

I have been writing about wanting lately.  "The Law of Attraction" depicted by The Secret is  the way many people would describe the phenomenon I write about.  I have no problem with whatever terminology is used.     For me, personally however, there is no label for this that will suffice other than grace. Words, I believe, are too limiting in their ability to describe it.  So if people want to refer to this wanting and receiving as the Law of Attraction...go or it. It will not change what it actually is.  In the beginning of my understanding...I actually referred to it as such. 

I just caution that we don't over simplify it, commercialize it in a way that would please the ego or dismiss the true value of it.  This divine gift of "Ask and you shall receive." is not a vending machine proposal.  You don't put your toonie in (prayer, petition, intention), push the select button on what you want...and plop there it is in the tray beneath, waiting for you.  Source  is not there to meet your personal cravings with instant gratification. Though these universal laws are much simpler than we make them out to be with our overthinking, they go beyond ego based instant gratification. Therefore, they are not so easily understood or accepted by our egos. Like the laws of electricity and gravity, we cannot "see" them in action. They go beyond the visible world we see.  Yet, what I write about isn't new age hocus pocus either.  It isn't a fairy tale or fantasy.  It is the ancient  truth spoken by spirit and science together.  

I am not believing this just because I want to believe in unicorns. I have a scientific mind...I ask a question and I set out to find the answer and to validate it. I am not pulling the information from thin air.  I have researched this. I have hundreds of  highlighted books behind me that I have read over and over. I have sat through hundreds of lectures.  I have tested it.  I have practiced and experienced it. At the same time...I was and am always willing to listen to that quiet voice within me that whispers that this is the truth:  "Ask and you shall receive."

I am not saying I am an expert...far from it.  I am merely a student.  What makes a student?  Someone willing and motivated to learn with an open mind.  That's me.

So if you come upon my stuff and you find it hard to swallow...that's okay.  You do not have to accept it or me.  I am okay with that.  But if you come across my stuff and you find yourself stopping and questioning...great...I hope I can help with the answers to my own questioning.  These questions and ideas that have been spinning around the human mind  for centuries and centuries are not mine.  They are not unique to me. They are also not meant to lead to cult followings; to take people from their present religious practices; or to trick people into "sin"...they are just meant to wake people up to the truth of who we really are and from where we came.  They are meant to open consciousness, expand it beyond our present limitations  so our species evolves in the way it is intended to.  

That's enough about that. lol

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment