Monday, May 29, 2017


We have forgotten the age old fact, that God speaks chiefly through dreams and visions.
Carl Jung

It is raining again.  I had a dream that it was raining and I was growling D. for leaving the sun roof open.  I woke up and sure enough the sun roof was open.  I didn't growl though...that was all taken care of in my dream state lol.

I am a lucid dreamer.  I do not know exactly what that means other than the fact that I  know I am dreaming in my dreams. 

Last night I noticed a bunch of my children's old clothes...the ones they wore when they were small in an old blue Samsonite suitcase I used to have.  I said to myself at that point, "Oh the kids are small in this dream...cool!...I can't wait to see them small again."  I woke up before I saw them. 

I can change the direction of my dreams as well...or make important decisions in them.  I force myself to stand up to the monsters and demons hiding or lurking about telling myself...their obscure presence just symbolizes my fear and if I want to heal I need to confront my fears.  So I walk in the direction of the dark corners I know where the thing I am afraid of is hiding....the dreams usually change after that and become something safe and pleasant.  I seldom actually encounter the demon, the monster, the person of my past...my willingness to confront seems to be enough to make them go away.

I can also wake myself up.  This is tricky though...sometimes I get stuck between stages of sleep where I am paralyzed and I can't move.  Something tries to pull me back into dream state but I resist, knowing in my heart that I shouldn't go back...that I must wake myself up and I have to fight with all my might to get my body to move enough so I can roll over on my side ( I am always on my back when this happens). Once I am over...I awaken.  I don't like when this happens so I make it a point not to sleep on my back as much as I can help it.

Other significant things happen within me my dreams that I won't share here.

Dreams are powerful tools that can help us heal from things we are not even aware are broken.

  Dreams are windows to what is going on in our subconscious minds where beliefs are securely rooted. 

I think, like Jung did, that we can do a lot with dreams. If we want to change the way we think maybe we need to tap into our dream worlds to determine what it is we truly believe.

I would like to research and understand more ( actually have plans to write a book about preparing for this state of healing...so many plans lol). It is a fascinating subject, don't you think?

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment