Thursday, May 4, 2017

When the mind, body and spirit work as one, anything is possible.
Criss Angel

Beautiful sunny day and I am grateful. Having a little issue with the computer...we picked up a virus or something and I have a hard time getting into this blog.  I panic a little as this is how I have been starting my day everyday now for years.  It is an important ritual for me.  I get frustrated when I find obstacles but I am here.

Body/Mind Connection

Thinking more about the body and mind connection...the body, mind, spirit connection I should say.  I truly, truly see the way to health is through the mind...the way to the mind is through the spirit. 

Yet, after a day of listening to wonderful speakers talk about this connection: Christine Northrup, the late Wayne Dyer, Ester Hicks, Louise Hay, Deepak Chopra and Tony Robins...and doing my back exercises, some gentle stretching, relaxing and maybe a bit too much sitting...I ended up with an intensified version of the discomfort  that followed me around from 2 Pm to bed.  I had a hard time sitting but I couldn't stand for long.  I would pace and walk back and forth but that aggravated the ticker...so I had to stop. 

I was very much caught up in the body.  I accepted the discomfort as being there.  It was not overwhelming or something I couldn't bare.  I didn't resist.  I accepted it.  I did my best to listen to it but  I couldn't help but feel at certain points, "What am I doing wrong?"

The more aware I become of the mind, body, spirit connection...the more my body gets noisy? Why?  

My only explanation for that is my awareness is purely at a thought form level maybe...it has to be at a deeper level of knowing that is not interpreted or expressed through words. I have to know that I can control my body and eliminate pain at my very core. 

How do we get there from this intellectual knowing I have now?  That is where I am at in my learning.  How do we go from knowing at the level of the mind to open up to the knowing at the level of the soul? 

Wow!  That's exciting.  At least...through this new questioning... I know where my learning journey is taking me.  It is taking me back to my connection with the observer...and from there to God.  Is it not?  We assume knowing is intellectual when it isn't.  Knowing goes  beyond thought, beyond mind and body to who we really are...to that being that experiences life through our mind and body.

An Example

Anyway...I know someone who has a diagnosis of COPD...possibly quite advanced.    I  noticed signs since we met...clubbing of the fingernails that can only come with chronic hypoxia, a terrible cough, wheezing and SOB at times, weight loss and periods of decreased mental acuity and drowsiness  when his sats were low. 

This individual did not even know the name of his condition...I just happened upon it on a doctor's slip once. To him he just has "a little problem with the lungs."

He absolutely never complains...never stops because of it.  He is right now working 7 days a week at something he enjoys doing.  How can he be doing this when others would be house bound and possibly on O2 therapy if they had the same condition?  It is in his attitude and the way he approaches life that makes the difference in his health experience...his life experience. 

He doesn't see problems.  He sees only blessing.  In the two years I have known him, I have never seen him angry or upset.  He has a genuine smile on his face all the time...is kind and gentle with everyone he meets.  Walks slowly, moves slowly...seldom in a hurry.  He doesn't get frazzled when things go wrong because in his eyes he doesn't see things as going wrong.  He is a person who knows how to get beyond thought to being. 

Sometimes I will look over at him when he is sitting quietly, my own mind in a frenzy over this or that, and ask, "What are you thinking about?"  He will answer me with a big smile on his face..."Absolutely nothing!  I am just enjoying the view."

He knows how to be...and this is not something he works at.  It just comes naturally to him.  He does not fill his mind with all that garbage about illness too many of us do; doesn't see himself as ill...so he isn't ill.

 As a nurse who studied under the medical model, I unknowingly interfere with his experience from time to time when I observe his mental acuity being an issue or hear a cough that is getting worse.  I express my concern.  I put my thoughts into his reality at those times. He often gets past that influence but sometimes he seems to heed what I have to say and he ends up sick in bed with pneumonia like symptoms.  (The collective consciousness of illusion taking over again.)

I am learning to keep my mouth shut and to sit back and learn from him. 

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment