Saturday, May 27, 2017

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth.
Buddha

This morning I hear not the sad call of the Mourning Dove but the joyous whistling of the Robins.  How beautiful they sound on a rainy morning in May.  It is like they are singing in gratitude for their blessings as the rain draws up the bounty to the surface of the earth.  If I close my eyes all I can hear is their happy song of praise. If only we could all be so aware and grateful for the blessings that are being shown to us all the time...like the simple music nature provides if we only take the time to listen.

I am watching an amazing series on Netflix...the Saga of Buddha. It is in Hindustani, I assume. (  I haven't got a clue) and is subtitled but one forgets the subtitles pretty quickly lol.  I am so enthralled by the life of this man, this sage, this leader of men. I know it is a drama but I see the history in it as I learn about Northern India in the 500 years proceeding Christ. I see the founder of Buddhism in a new light because of this little series.  I see the waking up process taking place in the King of  waking up lol and it is inspiring. I know it is a drama and there may be some discrepancy in historical data but it has me captivated.  I love to learn about spiritual leaders.  I love to see such kindness and compassion in a human being who will lead other human beings down the same path.  :) Isn't that a role we should all take on?

I must be on a mission to understand more about Buddhism.  The movie we selected randomly last night to watch...after my Netflix binge on Buddha...was Seven Years in Tidbit...imagine?

Anyway...I am raving this morning.  My head is full of so many things.  It is all good though.

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment