Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Taking the General Train to the Life We Want

Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get.
Author unknown


Learning

I am still on this wanting trip lol.  Not that I am presently thinking of anything specific that I want but  I feel compelled to understand the principals of wanting and to share them. I have, of course, been tapping into Abraham seminars amongst all the other oodles of teachings I am getting from others: New age masters, psychologists, philosophers, physicists, scientists, Buddhist monks, yogis and swamis, as well as ancient scriptures like the Gita and the old testament.

All this learning is filling my head with ideas and rekindling concepts  that were already there. So man...I am on a rampage lol.

The Distance

The biggest issue I am clicking in to lately, in the teachings of Abraham and quantum physics specifically,  are related to the time space distance between wanting and getting.

How do we get what we ask for sooner so that we can go beyond believing  all the stuff we are opening our minds to learning... to knowing it, stuff that is way out there for the majority of the world to even consider?

If we are not showing physical evidence of receiving what we asked for...are we not no further ahead? 

As we stand there empty handed after professing so intensely that it will happen, are we not setting ourselves up for self and other judgment? 

Do those people who are watching us   on our vision quest,  not have a right then to say we are just crazier than a bag of hammers? Should we not be questioning our own mental health?



Evidence as the Goal

My goal in this ...is not so much to experience the things I ask for directly through prayer and intention  and indirectly through contrast...but to gain evidence of the validity of my new emerging beliefs in the power of waking up.

I want to "know" who I am, from where I came and what I am capable of.    I want to experience the Love, the joy, the bliss and the peace that comes from knowing that. That is my general goal. 

I ask for specific things  in order to provide evidence that I am going in the right direction: A regaining of financial stability and independence, a clean, easily to maintain home,  high level and "complete" wellness that begins with freedom from back, pelvic and chest pain...a diagnosis for all of these that gives me something to work with; healthy loving relationships, the well being of those I love, travel, adventure, writing success so even if my body stays where it is...I can have a career that fulfills me and provides an income; etc. etc.

I ask for very specific things.  I do not always see evidence of these things in my life?  Why?

Reasons for not manifesting

I am learning that there are two reasons why I am not manifesting ( for lack of a better word) .
  1.  I am focusing on not having and
  2. I am being too specific in my intentions.
What we need to do when we find that things are not showing up for us in the way we want them to or if we are becoming consumed with doubt...is to keep the faith and to take the general train to the life we want. 

 
Keep the Faith
 
There is a reason why we are on the path we are on...a reason why we are doing the kooky thing of  listening to collective spirits being channelled through a woman's body or reading all those other spiritual texts we were told to stay away from.

Truth is Speaking

Something inside us is encouraging us to meditate and go inward...to see the world differently than we have learned to see it. There is something whispering to us to go on despite all the whispering that may be going on behind our backs.  Something is telling us we are on the right track no matter what the rest of the world says or thinks. 

Your truth is speaking to you; my truth is speaking to me.  It is faith that guides us forward.  It is powerful.  Doubt will come again and again to test this faith...we do not need to succumb to it.  Just stop and listen to what is going on beyond the doubt. 
 
What do you feel when you read those books or hear those speakers or understand those scriptures...what do you feel?  If you are getting goose bumps, and feeling a "Yes!  Yes!  Yes!" radiating from somewhere within...the message,  from whatever form it came ...was meant to find you and it did.  It is not telling you something new...it is simply reminding you of what you already knew.  That's faith.  :)

When you doubt
 
When you do doubt...bring yourself back to remembering all the signs that God was watching over you...and helping you to understand. 

What did you manifest in your life that you asked for?  (In other words, what blessings and gifts have you already been given?) Remember that! 

What uncanny things showed up in response to a question that you passed off as coincidence?

What were you told or shown in dreams that you tried to ignore or dismiss as a result of something you  ate?  Remember those times those gut feelings led you in the right direction.
 
Something in us knows we are more than these bodies and these minds.  Something in us knows we are so much more than this.  It is that something that accepts the messages, the teachings, the serendipity as divine gifts and makes us tingle from head to toe with blessing. 
 
We need to know that the universe, God  has our backs always and forever, that what we ask for we receive...that it is there before us and that it will materialize into something we can experience with the five senses.  Knowing this, despite how crazy it sounds, is faith.

 
 
Take the General Train
 
When you do find that things are not turning out the way you want them to...that  your dreams are going unfulfilled or that the unwanted keeps showing up again and again in your life, it is time to take self inventory of your wanting thoughts. 

Chances are that at those low points in our life...our focus is on specific negative and unwanted things.  Focusing on the specific is like taking a snowball and rolling it down hill...it will pick up momentum and the faster it goes the bigger it will get.  More and more negative thoughts will fill our moments.  More and more unwanted things will show up in our life. We will get farther and farther away from the life we want. The time and space distance between what we want and where we are will seem  excruciatingly long.

How on earth then do we get there? 

Abraham describes four steps:
 
  1. Be aware of what you are thinking right now...your thought and feeling focus.  Catch the specific focus before it has a chance to roll down hill. Write it down!  Read it out loud and be aware of how it makes you feel.  "My back pain won't go away.  I am not well enough to work full time and I can't pay the bills.  The collectors keep calling me.  I can't clean my house.  My kids behaviour is out of control...and I can get more specific about that.  I keep getting rejections from publishers or worse...no response at all. " How does this make me feel?  Frustrated, doubting, untrusting and possibly even hopeless that things will ever change.  Instead of embracing my present moment I feel stuck in it! Do not allow this momentum to get too big or too fast...Stay here no longer than 17 seconds before you skip to step 2.
  2. Turn the experiencing of the specific unwanted into the general unwanted.  Instead of focusing on the specifics of the unwanted situations in your life, generalize it.  Take that example in the above paragraph and make it a more general description of your experience.  "Sometimes I do not feel as well as I would like to.  Right now my work and financial situation are not where I want them to be.  My environment sometimes reflects the unwanted.  Those I love are not always behaving or making choices I think they should make. Doing what I love to do is not always met with reward and external gratification."  That was pretty general, right? But I still felt some doubt, some frustration and I know if I stay here the momentum will pick up taking me back to the specifics.   Can we take it farther?  " I realize I am not reaching my goal of complete well being as quickly as I like...this would of course require a balance between the mind, body, spirit as well as the other requirements of physical world stability: financial, social, sexual , occupational types of things. I feel frustrated as a result and succumb to doubt about this process." The more general I get, the less frustration I feel and the doubt begins to dwindle. Hopelessness is gone! Stay here no longer than 17 seconds before going to step 3
  3. Turn it all around  to a general wanting of the opposite of the unwanted. Instead of projecting it all into the future, "I will feel better when..." know that what was asked for is not just coming, it is already here. " Though the process of getting to where I want to be seems slow...it really isn't.  Things are vibrationally happening very quickly.  I ask and I receive.  I know that somethings have showed up in my life already when I needed them too...they will continue to show up.  I am never given more than I can handle.  I will keep the faith and keep going because I know where I am going is a wonderful place.  I am in a wonderful place. I am meant to have complete well being and I will have it.  I do have it!!! As it materializes in front of me...and it is...I prove to myself and to others who I am...who we all are and what we have the ability to create. This is an amazing adventure of faith. I am excited and enthused.  I already feel the Love and joy I seek and it will continue to grow inside me the more awake and aware I become of God's presence in my life. " With this I give up my frustration  and my doubt and faith resurfaces...hope resurfaces...I feel a little giddy and excited.  Hold this momentum for at least 68seconds but as long as you can.  Make sure you "feel" good. If you don't go back and rephrase it in a way that makes you feel good or at least better.
  4. Get specific in the wanting.  Once we have the momentum of general wanting going at a good clip and the feeling is getting bigger and bigger ...we can introduce the specifics.  Start with the future projection but quickly bring it to present.  " I want to feel physically energetic and vibrant, free of pain.  I want to be able to be active.  I want to make a full time  income doing what I love.  I want a clean, easy to maintain home.   I want to see my children in the best possible light knowing who they are, where they came from and what they are capable of.  I want publications. etc etc.  I know if I get these things...it will leave me feeling the joy of love, the peace of love, the security of love.  My life will be full of excitement, enthusiasm, and adventure.  I will embrace it head on with the same energy.  I will love so big and give so big. It will be amazing to feel this way all the time.  It  will prove to me and  all what we are as human beings...it will teach, motivate and inspire others to go after the lives they want...to grow and expand beyond survival.  It will help to heal the world." This is wonderful right?...full of positive desire...but it is lacking something vital.  It is  all future tense as if to say that what I want I will find in the future...therefore my happiness and joy...will only occur in the future, not in the present moment.  It is in the present moment that we live.  It is now that counts.  We want to feel good now!!!! So without shooting too far so we believe what we are saying we need to rephrase that with truths.   I am physically energetic and vibrant in many ways right now, free of pain most of the time.  I am active.  I am in the process of working full time at what I love and earning a good income.  I get to teach...do something else I love part time. I see my children in the best possible light.  I see my home becoming cleaner and more manageable one step at a time. Publishers are considering my work right now and it is so exciting .  :) I am feeling the joy of love, peace and security right now!!!! My life is full of excitement, enthusiasm and adventure...I can feel it in my core.  I am teaching, motivating and inspiring.  As I heal within I help to heal the world.  I don't really have to prove anything...what is is.  :) At any time that you are saying this or writing this and it feels like too much of a leap (doubt jumps in) step back and try something else, more general, that leaves you feeling excited, tingly, happy, sure etc. Make sure you feel good as you say or write these wants down. The feeling good is the most important thing. :)  Keep this momentum going for as long as you can but for no less than 68 seconds.

What you are looking for, is actually found in step 4. When you feel the way you are hoping the thing you asked for will make you feel...you got what you want.  It is the feeling of love, joy, bliss, peace that we are really after isn't it? Go there often and stay as long as you can.  Eventually the specific request will materialize as an extra bonus.

All is well in my world. .

References:
Please note that the above ideas have come from a collection of tapes, books, seminars on Youtube by Abraham Hicks over the years .  I cannot specify at this point



No comments:

Post a Comment