Monday, May 22, 2017

There is no fear in love. But perfect love casts out fear.
1 John 4:18

These are beautiful words.  The healthiest relationship we can have with anyone will be with ourselves when we realize who we are and from Whom we came. With God as our source of all things, we are meant to love perfectly without fear.  It is when we are able to be alone in solitude and find peace  that we will know of this Love. When we find that fearless state of knowing what Love really is... beyond the way our egos have painted it in romance novels and movies...we can venture into healthy relationships with others.  Loving yourself is really important.  Loving others and being loved is the beautiful consequence that ensues when we do that.

The healthiest relationships I have in my life came when I began to know what Love really is...it is a state of being...not just an emotion.  It was only when I stopped fearing being alone, when I embraced solitude and looked forward to just learning to love myself...that I actually found someone who offers me the healthiest partnership I have ever been in.

If you find yourself alone, embrace the opportunity to learn what Love really is.  Learn to love yourself...look forward to the solitude that can heal you.  Stop fearing, needing, clinging and let Love give you what you really need.  It will!

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment