Friday, April 14, 2023

The Source of Consciousness

 

Man minus man equals God 

Meher Baba

It is so uncanny, how I write an entry.  Some thought will come to me as I practice, read, study, meditate and out of nowhere I will take one line, one word or one thought to the conclusion, "I have to write about that" . That will be my entry.  What happens afterwards is pretty cool...for the next couple of days I will incidentally run into others addressing these same things I just wrote about...even quoting from the people I quoted from. It is so cool when that happens.

Anyway, today I opened up to Michael A. Singer's podcast ( I check it everyday now) and in it,  he is basically talking about the Sutra I wrote about yesterday.  So cool!  Things just connected, reminding me of the "One consciousness" or what Anderson referred to as the "Universal Subconscious Mind". There is only one consciousness. And that one consciousness is God.  Singer is right, though. We need to be very careful using these terms...they get abused and the essence of what lay beneath them gets lost. 

Consciousness has a source and the source is consciousness. Michael A. Singer

Our consciousness, he reminds us, as did Patanjali,  is addicted to staring at little me with all its desires and aversions trying to manipulate and control the world so it feels comfortable. What we are staring at is broken but the light shining on it is not.  We, as consciousness,  are staring  at it so intently, at the exclusion of all else, we get lost in it...we forget we are the light shining on it and not that which the light is shining on.  Our work here is to train the mind to get out of teh way,   so consciousness  shines on Itself. The attention we focus on the "little me" self would be better served if we focused it instead on that which is noticing the little me with all its desires and aversions, all its problems etc.Yoga is something that will help us do that.

Anyway...it is all so cool! 

All is well in my world. 

Michael A. Singer/ Temple of the Universe (April 13, 2023) Step back and work directly with consciousness.https://tou.org/talks/

No comments:

Post a Comment