Saturday, April 8, 2023

Progress

 The real spiritual progress of the aspirant is measured by the extent to which he[she,they] achieves  inner tranquility.

Swami Sivananda


I don't know how one measures their progress on this journey to the point they can explain it  or if they even can.  It is through concepts and ideas; comparisons  and expectations that we humans tend to measure progress, isn't it? This goes beyond all that.  If we are truly progressing these mental structures become obsolete. So maybe as long as we are using them to check how far we have come...we have a long way yet to go?  

I still use concepts and ideas like "getting there" or " not there yet."  I still compare myself to others but mostly to where I was before. And I still have expectations of where this will take me and even where "I should be" and where "I shouldn't be" at this point. 

All I know conceptually and even intuitively is that I have come quite a distance. I have grown from ego infancy to a certain level of spiritual maturity and understanding.  I am more tranquil than I ever was. I see myself dealing with some pretty big things without "reacting" or being bothered in ways I used to be. So maybe that is progress? I am not sure if "knowing"  that even matters at all.

All is well in my world

No comments:

Post a Comment