Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter! Happy Awakening!!

 

This is the Easter message, that awakening is possible, to the goodness of God, the sacredness of human life, the sisterhood and brotherhood of all.

Anne Lamott

Happy Easter! (I decided to trust while I take a certain precaution that I won't share here). 

Anyway, it is a glorious morning.  The sun is bright as the earth around this form and mind I call "me" wakes up.  I feel a certain awakening, as well, inside this "me" on this Easter morning, a symbolic time of awakening and resurrection. I just feel a bit of Shakti, possibly?  Or maybe, it being an important day on the Christian calendar, I should call it "Holy Spirit"?  Regardless I feel a certain detachment to all things that once seemed so important to me...like, for example, the specific terminology, rituals and beliefs I once clung so tightly to around this holiday.  I feel a detachment from concepts, beliefs and names and labels...in general, I guess. Things just don't seem to matter like they used to: holidays, gifts, material things, rituals, ideologies, expectations, time, bodies, me-me stuff.  I feel lighter...and recognizing how much lighter I feel...makes me feel even lighter lol. It is very "freeing".  I feel more "tranquil" than I did before and this tranquility seems to be apparent to others. I, for example, walk into my grandson's room last night when he is crying, agitated, unable to settle, even for his mother, and he takes one look at me...stops crying, curls up and settles. When I get up to leave he begins crying again until I sit myself down and wait for him to fall asleep. It isn't "me" that settled him but a certain peaceful light that is in us all, and that "me" is  finally getting out of the way of. 

I realize that I have attained ( if I dare use a measurement term like that) a certain stage of inner  evolution. I am indeed waking up and knowing that is as glorious as this morning.

All is well


No comments:

Post a Comment