Sunday, April 30, 2023

Hand in the Jar

 The monkey who doesn't care what is in the jar won't get caught.

Michael A. Singer 

I was so inspired by Michael Singer's talk today that this came out of me while I was listening. Again...not judging the poetry, just trying to appreciate what was brought up from the  depths of me through a zap of inspiration.  There is a wisdom inside all of us and sometimes all it takes is someone "out there" sharing their wisdom to trigger our own. (Well, it is One library of wisdom we all share and it often takes another to get us to utilize that service).  Michael A. Singer does that for the Self I am beneath this cover of "me". 


The Ring In the Jar

I was attracted to the sparkling  diamond set in  its golden bling,

so I slid my fingers down   into the jar to grab the shiny ring.

And as I held it in my palm,  my heart beat and lept with glee.

This wanted thing, I was so sure, would fulfill my needy me.

 I wrapped my fingers around it,  holding on with all my might

and with clenched fist began to pull it out the hole that suddenly was too tight.

I fought and struggled so determined to free and wear what I had won,

to show off my conquest,  my winner's  status, to each and everyone

I pulled and  twisted and pulled and twisted again and again and again

but no matter how hard I tried   with desperate breath, it was only when

I relaxed my fingers and let the cherished thing fall from my weary hold

sadly  watching  as I let go of hope, the sparkling diamond and the gold, 

that my hand was able to slide out from the jar and once again be free.

Choosing freedom over holding on to wanting, I knew, meant a letting go of me. 

© Dale-Lyn, April, 2023


Michael A. Singer ( April 30, 2023) Freeing Your Consciousness From the Limited Bubble Of Your Mind. https://tou.org/talks/




No comments:

Post a Comment