Tuesday, February 18, 2020

The Now Does Not Swing Back and Forth

The Now is deeper than what happens in the now.
Eckhart Tolle

I am reminded of this truth as I reread yesterday's entry.  That entry reflects how I am going back and forth between  life circumstance  to simple presence.

In ego's world I am waiting on some moment in the future to relieve me or to send me on another series of life events.  It is all about the circumstance. 

In Self's world I am simply still, present in this moment which is the space on which all these life events are taking place. It is the space on which the wait is appearing...but it is not the waiting.

Going back and forth, as that little 100 Days  thingy I jotted down yesterday implies, is like a swinging pendulum.( I wrote about  this pendulum last June in reference to the Way/the Tao).  Duality takes us from "It's all good" to "It's absolutely horrible"; from past to future... but the only place this duality exists is in our minds when we ascribe labels to circumstances.  When we do that we do not see beyond the life event to the precious moment  on which it sits. That moment doesn't swing back and forth.  It just is where it is. It is still.  Sigh!

Eckhart Tolle, in an interview with Patrick Kicken, explains how essential it is for us to get beyond this duality, which is often fed by our use of language and our need to explain things using mental concepts, to the still moment.

For example we often use the term "My Life".  This is a form of duality  creating a separation from a life we own and what we are.  There cannot be a "My Life" when we are Life. My Life is just a thought form and we are actually the light of consciousness beneath the thought. (Eckhart Tolle).

So I have this wait going on on  the surface of Self...on the Life that I am.  It and all I think about it  is like a passing cloud over the spacious stillness that is who we all are. 

"Little me" may jump in and add drama, story and all kinds of grievances and thoughts to keep me believing I am stuck in that cloud but if I really want to I can see beyond the clouds, the thinking, the life event to what is truly real... to what  is never moving, nameless, timeless, thought less...The Now.  I want to be there. :)

All is well!

Eckhart Tolle (Feb, 2018) Eckhart Tolle & Patrick Kicken-Complete Interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr-BK7Uc9xA&frags=pl%2Cwn

No comments:

Post a Comment