Friday, February 28, 2020

The Answer?


The Answer?

Maybe the end
 
to my waiting

hides  in the tiny
 
spaces of silence,

 trapped in the
 
awkward breaks

of persistent  buzzing

that wakes me
 
from my restless dreams?

The pointed end
 
of mystery's arrow

 could be lurking
 
behind the flimsy veil
 
of No caller ID,

 making a noisy target
 
of my pounding chest.

I can feel the hum
 
of its unravelling 
 
dancing off the cool glass,

tickling my fingertips
 
with its coveted revelation,

urging me to put an end
 
to the prickliness
 
of  not knowing

by picking up the vehicle
 
it is locked within.

I hesitate.

I swallow hard.

I slide my trembling thumb
 
across the screen

to offer my meek and pitiful ,
 
“Hello…this is she…”

to the hollow ears
 
on the other end.

And I wait….breathless

As slow moving lips

I cannot see

whisper back

the secrets
 
I will never
 
be ready to hear .
 
Dale-Lyn, February 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment