Thursday, February 6, 2020

Nothing To Fear

The awareness that there is nothing to fear shows that somewhere in your mind, though not necessarily in a place you recognize as yet, you have remembered God, and let His strength take the place of your weakness.  The instant you are willing to do this there is indeed nothing to fear.
ACIM-W-48:3:2-3

I have been slipping into my mind again  and getting lost there over the last 48 hours.  The physical pain ( I do hate to call it pain...discomfort....) has been getting more and more persistent and intense  as the visual changes become more and more apparent.  I watch as this body awareness pulls me into some doing and  a whole host of thinking.

The doing involved taking  a step forward again into my health seeking where  I discovered something that left me once again sick to my stomach, reinforcing the sick convictions I have in my head that I do not want to have. The thoughts that I am led to leave me feeling fear, worry, anger, frustration and so much confusion as the age old question is asked again: "Why? Why is this happening in the way it is happening? Again?"

That leads me back to memory, recollected past experiences, and emotions...to old convictions and beliefs those experiences have left me with.  This increases the fear reaction, the sense of helplessness.... Or...It ignites my impulse desire to defend or attack.  I am back on the ego roller coaster. Where is that roller coaster?...In my mind and in my mind only.

I got so caught up in the ups and downs, the twists and turns of the ride, thinking it was all so real,  I have forgotten who I am and Who is with me.

As soon as I realize I am slipping away...as soon as I see myself strapped in and trembling in that seat ego wants me in , I wake up a tiny bit.  I realize I have the power to remove the restraint and get up off the ride. I do.

I walk into the welcoming, patiently waiting arms of Source...that was never a part from me.  I can walk back into stillness, silence, spaciousness  instead of turmoil because I never really left.  I just thought I did.   I can then look out upon all that "stuff" that seems to be happening and know it is just that..."stuff".  I can choose  peace instead of it. That stuff can't touch me here. 


It is all so very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment