Thursday, February 20, 2020

One Problem; One Solution

Only be certain you do not forget that all problems are the same.  Their many forms will not deceive you while you remember this.  One problem, one solution.  Accept the peace this simple statement brings.
ACIM-W-80:3:3-6




 
A Long List

 I have a big long list of "situations " that I entitle "Areas of Concern"  on my desk that I am dealing with. Some of those problematic life events  are quite extraordinary.  Because of that and the fact  there are so many, I have had to seek help outside myself just to sort through them enough so I could see at least dimly into my future. (Well this idea we have of future.)

Secondary Rewards 

My ego tells  me that what I am looking at is the stuff that soap operas are made from.  It assures me there is a lot going on and that some of these things are really "big"!!!  If I have to endure them, it goes on,  I should at least get a little reward for doing so.  I should get a medal or two, some applause, if not just some validation or recognition for my struggles. 

It also tells me I am winning in some competition I didn't even know I signed up for. I am, according to ego,  "more special" than most people I know because of the amount and nature of the circumstances I am and have been encountering. Ego wants me to keep up that special status even though Self wants nothing to do with it.

Defending the "Special Status" and the Idea of Many Problems

When these problems  are diminished by another through generalizations, belittling  or comparison to other people's "more normal" problems...ego gets all rawled up and wants to defend and attack this for this "special" status it feels I have earned.

Self just stands back and watches ego make a fool of itself.  Self knows that I am not special anywhere but in ego's mind. Specialness is not something it even recognizes. So I am definitely not special because of problems. 

It tells me, in fact, that these problems are not even real.   What I have jotted down on this piece of paper are not problems.  They are simply descriptions of life events I am facing.  They are just things showing up in my day to day experience. My mind might want to make them into problems with story, drama, judgment and labelling but they are still simply life events jotted down in list form.

Only One Problem

There maybe many life events on this piece of paper with varying degrees of challenge associated with them but there is and always will be only one problem. Therefore, how can I be "problem special"?  How can any of us be?  If there is only one problem how can there be varying degrees of difficulty to problems?  How can we even expect to take part in such a competition, let alone win  it.

Why would we even want to?  This focus keeps us from feeling peace. Winning in ego's sense is just not worth it.  A long series of different problems seems to confront you. and as one is settled the next one and the next arise.  There seems to be no end to them.  There is no time in which you feel completely free of problems and at peace.ACIM-W-79:3:3-5 

I don't know about you but that is certainly my experience with dealing with problems.

As long as we are caught up in this idea we have many different types of problems we will never solve our real problem.  We will never find the peace we are entitled to.  To resolve this issue  we need to realize there is only one problem and ACIM tells us that that problem is separation .(ACIM Lesson 79)

What is Separation?

Separation is this idea we have that somehow we are disconnected from our Source and from everyone and everything else. It is a journey away from Love, and into fear;  away from God and into ego.  It is not truth...we cannot be separated... but as long as we believe we are, we will never see clearly.  We will perceive  we are at the mercy of many different problems and challenges and will constantly feel the need to defend and attack.

Separation is our only problem and it occurs only in our minds.

So what do we do to heal?

We first need to recognize this as the only problem and allow and accept all the things  on our list of life events without labelling them and judging them as the source of any lack of peace we may have.  Then we need to work at removing the veil that exists between us and the Source we can never be a part from, the peace and Love that will always be within us. 

It is ego and our belief in what it tells us that creates the veil between our outer and inner worlds; that prevents us from seeing the truth of who we really are. Ego is the cause of our so called problems.  We simply need to relinquish the hold it has on us, to see beyond it to who we truly are.  That starts and ends with our minds.

The truth is you are responsible for what you think, because it is only at this level you can exercise choice.  ACIM-T-2:VI:2-6

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment