Sunday, September 2, 2018

Bringing Peace

Where I go Your peace goes there with me.  It sheds its light on everyone I meet.  I bring it to the desolate and lonely and afraid.  I give Your peace to those who suffer pain, or grieve for loss, or think they are bereft of hope and happiness. ACIM-W-245:2-5

Man...how comforting I find those words. How I want that to be my mission in life: to relieve suffering and to bring peace.  I want to help people to know the little bit I know and so much more. 

I was wondering why I seemed to be witnessing so much suffering around me, so much negative thinking,  loneliness, conflict, addiction, illness and fear lately.  It seemed to be so in my face and so all at once. 

I kept asking myself and the Universe what do I do with this?  How do I make it better? And the answer came from some place inside me.

I need to establish and maintain peace in me before I can "help" others.   That so called "help"...which I once read was "the sunny side of control", will not come so much in doing but in Being.  If I am simply being peaceful, I will help the world in invaluable ways without the controlling ego involved. Then if doing is required, it will come in inspired action and be much more relieving, much more Self enhancing; and much more world changing.  The ego will have no say.



Light is not selfish.  It shines on everything.-Mooji

All is well in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment