Saturday, September 15, 2018

Alignment with Grace


Shall we continue to allow God's grace to shine in unawareness, while the toys and trinkets of the world are sought instead?
-ACIM-W-258:1:3

Always the Philosopher


Hmm!  Back at it with my philosophizing and my attempting to put into words and mental concepts all I am learning and feeling.  I mean I can put the intellectually received stuff into some form of understandable word form but the 'experience'...man that is too overwhelming to even describe.  :)

I wake up at night in a sweat...thinking about all the worldly things I appear to have on my plate...literally worried sick about my kids, feeling every bump and bruise as if it were my own and pulled by  this maternal drive to 'kiss it all better". The financial situation is another story all together and on top of that I am forced to listen to my body moan and complain about what I put it through that day.  At those moments I am very much "in the world'...and not aware of God's grace.

The Asking

I have  the same questions  going through my mind as  I lay awake.  "Why?  And how do I end it...how do I find peace in it?  How do I find peace so I don't go completely bonkers or get sicker?

I no longer ask the Universe to give me better situations, to change the circumstances of my life, to place a big bag of money on my lap or to give me all the answers that will make my kids happy and healthy...I now know that isn't the answer to any of this Dukka I (my little I)  am experiencing. I know it isn't the answer to anything.  Nothing in this world holds the answer.  No toys or trinkets sought after will ever be enough.

I ask for one thing.  I ask for the freedom that will come in awareness of how to find and maintain peace in my life so I can shine it on the world. In not so many words or visualizations... I ask for awareness of God's grace. The Grace is there...it has never left me...but I know that somehow I am not aligned with it...only because I have closed my eyes to it.  Only because I forgot who I was.  I am as Wayne Dyer used to say, "A glass of God" when God is the ocean.  I want to be poured back into the ocean.  There I will find my balance and the peace I long for.  I will also be able to create better situations for myself and the ones I love but that is just an added perk.




Wayne Dyer also speaks to this balance and alignment with God's grace in this little video snippet I cam across this morning:
If you want to be in balance, 'be' in balance, then your habits have to start matching up with your desires in everything...in everything that  you do.  And it is just a simple matter of deciding to do it....in all of your thoughts, any thought that is not aligned.

Hmm!  Back to changing our thoughts and changing our reality .  Change the thoughts from those that lead us into a fruitless seeking in the physical world for toys and trinkets and back to thoughts of who we really are. Change the thoughts that lead us away from God back to ones that remind us of the grace that is always there.

What could we seek but our Identity. ACIM-W-258:2:4

  It is also funny to realize how I am coping now in this stage of my life.  When things get tough I no longer rush out 'to do', I am not compelled to analyze and fix, I don't complain (well at least not as much as I used to lol), I don't drink or do drugs, ....I just come here.  Isn't that something?  I do not know why but I am drawn here. Putting my words down here  seems to make it all okay. I seem to find what I am looking for here. Through this 'inspired action' I find lovely glimpses of Self and peace.

All is well in my world.



References:

ACIM (of course)

This Wayne Dyer video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAhUUHnq2Ok

No comments:

Post a Comment