Thursday, September 13, 2018


Wings of Freedom

 

I bow my head in reverence for the Life

that is breathed through me

with every imperfect breath I take

and I ask but for one thing today….

Freedom.

 

I ask that the chains that hold me down

to this world I created in my weary mind…

 be unshackled.

I long to hear

the sound of heavy, rusty thoughts falling away

from exhausted  limbs that

 have  been restrained for much too long,

 

I pray for awareness of the strength

that exists inside me

so that I can stand on these trembling appendages

and stretch my being toward the light

that pours in trickles from my prison window.

Allow it to dry the open sores on my wrists

Allow it to heal my flesh,

Allow it to heal this that hides
what I am.

 

Let me shake off the heavy dust of my imprisonment

so that these limbs can become
 
what they were always meant to be

 …. wings

of glorious colour and power.

Let me feel them stretch and flutter

as they realize their Source.

Let them  carry this version I call 'me'
 
through this tiny  window of awakening

and into the bright world of Your abundant Light

And Your eternal Love.
 
 

 

Then give me the key, I plea

so that I can slip through the small cracks

that lead into the dreary cells of others,

offering hope,

glimpses of colour and light

and eventually freedom.

Let me help to release
 
the world from its prison

Father

as my brother will do for me.
 
Set me free, I pray.
 
-Dale-Lyn, September, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment