Saturday, September 1, 2018


You're off to great places,
today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
so... get on your way!
 
-Dr Seuss(Oh, the Places You will Go!)





Five in the morning after a busy day and a crazy set of circumstances waking me up. That thought, "I am overwhelmed, this is crazy!"  As well as the feeling of 'stress' leads me here to a place I find consolation in.

My youngest leaves for university tomorrow...well today...in a few hours actually. We will follow her and help her get settled but I will soon be saying goodbye to the child I knew. :) The next time I see her, she will be a little more grown up.

I spent the day shopping, washing, packing, organizing, consoling, grieving and I am, as a mother, finding it challenging to let her go under less than favorable circumstances. Is she ready?  Did I do enough to prepare her for life?  Why didn't circumstances for her work out better so the transition would be easier for her?  Am I somehow responsible for these circumstances?

She is only one of my children that I am 'thinking' about and this is only one experience that I am going through.  I am being pulled from all corners of my family life at once, it seems.  :)

Sometimes, I just wish I could deal with one life circumstance at a time but not to be:) Life's Teacher has other plans for me and the people I love. Multiple lessons, some of them very, very challenging are put before me.  I wonder if I am in the right classroom.  Did I end up with the smart kids when I should have been assigned remedial?:)

It is what it is.  I find peace in that.  I also find peace in this:
No storms can come into the hallowed haven of our home. ACIM-W-244:2:2

When I think of my children:

How can he fear or doubt or fail to know he cannot suffer, be endangered, or experience unhappiness, when he belongs to You, beloved and loving, in the safety of Your Fatherly embrace? ACIM-W-244:1:3

Our perception of danger and threat is just a crazy mixed up perception.  We are safe, well and peaceful in the way that really matters.  We just have to remember that.

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment