Sunday, May 14, 2023

Escape Into Spirit

 Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.

Meditate frequently so you may behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery....

....learn to escape into Spirit.

The Teaching of Lahiri Mahasaya through Yogananda

I read this last night after yesterday's entry on choosing Spirit over flesh and knew I should come here to jot it down. Chose body focus and we suffer; choose  spirit focus and we are free.  I love it when pieces of different teachings fit together so perfectly to show there is One truth. 

I also listened to the teachings and research findings of Caroline Leaf , a neuroscientist, who basically speaks about the  hidden energetic essence of who we are beyond the body...though she uses  much different concepts and terminology.,,,and she speaks to the body's reality. She does not use the word "spirit" but she does use the word mind and sees it as something outside the body...that powerful something that can control and affect change on the body , especially the "brain" through neuroplasticity.  Her use of the word "mind" ...to me...includes what I see as "spirit"...the Source of energy behind everything which is consciousness. Hmm! She may not see the relationship in our thinking lol but I do.

I realized when I was listening to her, that I was following the path she describes to building healthy brains all my life.  I have been using my "will" ( though she doesn't actually use that word) to build and rebuild thought, feeling and choice through "studying" ...like really "studying" everything I read, everything I listen to, I ask. I answer. I discuss (like I do here).  I developed that habit in my twenties of studying as if I had to teach what I learned to someone else....unknowingly following ACIM's guidance as well (a teacher is a student and a student s a teacher).  I actually went from being a poor student to a fairly successful teacher by doing so.  It did change my brain patterns.  I have a lot of healthy trees growing in that brain of mind.  I was also able to reconstruct and reframe some pretty gruesome looking dead trees in my brain as well ( you will have to listen or read her to see what I mean by that...basically samskaras in tree form :)) I love how she focuses more on  Quantum Physics in her conclusions than she does on classic physics.  So actually, her teachings make a great deal of sense to me so I intend to "study" more.

It is all good.  

Happy Mothers Day to all mothers out there...may you be well and happy. May you see yourSelf today beyond your form and know just how great you are. 

All is well. 

Paramahansa Yogananda ( 1946) Autobiography of a Yogi. Kindle Edition 

Lewis Howes (2021) Neuroscientist Reveals How to Completely Heal Your Body and Mind/Caroline Leaf & Lewis Howe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4DeCV31YY

No comments:

Post a Comment