Saturday, May 27, 2023

Desiring More

 But when from the depths of his heart,  man desires something more lasting than wealth, something more real than material power, the wave will recede. Then peace will come. joy will come, light will come.

Meher Baba ( Indian Sufi master, first half of 20th century)

Would you like the wave of distress to recede in you and in the world?  

Like all great teachers, Meher Baba, tells us that the way to get beyond suffering  is to release our desires and attachments ...to want more than just those things the external world provides.  We need to want more than material wealth, more than material power...more than anything the material world can provide. We need to want that which is not seen, only felt...what many of us call God.  When we open up to that non-material dimension...trusting that it is the intelligence beneath the unfolding of all we encounter therefore  removing all our resistance to what is....we will experience , not only the peace I ask for, but joy and light.  

I started doing Wayne Dyer's  Morning and Evening Meditations for Manifesting  again.  But now I am approaching them in a whole new way.

When I first purchased those CD's ( CD's: that is how long ago it was :)) I was going through a challenging time and desperate for some type of improvement  in my life situation.  I really wanted peace. I was still under the false ideation, however,  that it was life circumstance that was fully responsible for my distress. and that peace would only come from changing it. I believed that if I could  get from the outside world what I needed, push away what was causing the distress , or at least manipulate, fix, or change the world "out there"...I would feel better inside. 

After being introduced to The Secret, I was exploring the possibility of this manifesting thing and purchased these meditations. My intent was to manifest material wealth and power. Well to be more exact, I wanted to manifest enough wealth to get by because I found myself in an "income-less" state after having to go off work for long periods of time because of an illness my insurance would not support. And I wanted some form of personal power back after finding myself so stuck in the limitations of my body and the life that was ensuing. I was not sure about how valid this manifesting thing was.  I didn't have a lot of faith in it.  Back then, it all seemed a little "woo-woo" to me. But I was desperate enough to try anything.

So I started out asking for the minimal but was encouraged by what I was reading and studying at the time to take my "wishes" beyond that. I began to imagine manifesting more, imagining me and my family  having more than enough wealth and power. "Abundance" was my key mantra.  I envisioned...even did up vison boards and 'wishes fulfilled" powerpoints,  of me getting this weird thing going on in my body validated and supported, of getting better and well enough to be successful out here. I imagined  publishing my books, speaking to large crowds of people, living in a big home ( that someone else was happy to clean) on a beach, having my children and grandchildren and dogs running up and down the shore, travelling all over the world etc. Hmmm! And I went at those meditations hard!

Months and months went by.  Nothing happened. No diagnosis came...no support. I tried to go back to work on several occasions only to start nose planting again and then retreating home to an income less state for months and years ...going into great debt, great shame. There was no material  "abundance" or power...so I thought there was something wrong with "me" on the spiritual level. I thought these circumstances must be my "karma" and decided to suck it up. 

 It was then I was introduced to the Buddhist perspective of suffering and realized I needed to get to the root of it all.  That took me deeper on this journey, farther away from any desire for material wealth and power...I knew these things were not what I wanted and needed to end suffering...not at all...nor was my income less state and changing health the cause of my suffering.  I began to look for a direct route to freedom and peace.  Peace...not a change in circumstances... became what I asked for, my "polestar"...and that led me here, to where I am now, years later.

So as I meditate to "ahhh" and "omm" now I am not asking for material wealth and power...I am not asking for money, or for "success"...I am not asking that anything out there change to accomodate "me"...I am seeking   to manifest peace, freedom from "me" drama therefore freedom from "me", healing at the deepest level ( a level that goes way beyond the body), release of samskaras and a free flow of shakti. Peace, joy and light...I know intuitively...are in that Shakti.  Once I remove the blockages it will flow freely.

It is funny, how when I began using these meditations I would kind of just drown out the affirmations and spiritual teachings Wayne Dyer would share. They seemed to be in the way of my practice of manifesting material things.  Now...those very affirmations and teachings from Meher Baba are why I use this meditation practice.  I seek what is in those words. Hmm! This is a perfect example of the cyclic nature  of learning. Is it not?

I know I am strengthened as I seek to make Truth my personal reality. from morning meditation

When your Love for God drives away your  lust for the things of the  senses, then you will realize God. Meher Baba's teaching from Evening Part of Meditation

All is well.

Wayne Dyer (2004) Meditations for Manifesting: Morning and Evening. Hay House

No comments:

Post a Comment