Friday, May 12, 2023

Dharma and Reality

 

God is what is there when you are not. 

Michael A. Singer

I woke up this morning and I felt a bit "blah".  I have been contemplating this "blah" feeling I have been experiencing lately. And I know that...sure... it has a physical cause to some degree but it really has more of  a spiritual cause. This "blahness"I am experiencing is actually an indication that I am actually doing "good" in spiritual terms ( even though it is a bit of an oxymoron to use  a dualistic term like "good" and spiritual in the same sentence...in fact any "terms" or "concepts" really do not apply to spirituality...do they?) I digress...what I am saying...is that I am progressing in the way I am meant to progress...moving forward beautifully.  This "blah" feeling has a lot to do with the fact that I am not living in my head as much as I used to....I am not inspired and guided by this idea that "things will get better up there in the future somewhere."   I am not operating on hope.  And I am not clinging to some past story to rationalize why I am the way I am.  I see the cause and effect thing but I am not clinging. I am here and now dealing with what is front of me right now and what is inside me right now.  In front of me is Life doing what Life does...inside me is a bunch of painful samskaras emerging ...and I am feeling them. It is all more than a bit scary  without my old habit tendencies and defenses but I am determined to stay here.  This is my dharma

I  listened to Michael A. Singer today and once again absorbed the wisdom in what he had to say.  I intend to take that wisdom with me. 

dharma is  being in the now and letting the reality of Life unfold as it would if you were not here.  It is  a no mind state

All my life, up to this point, I said to myself without realizing it, "I can't handle reality so I will go to the mind." I was choosing my mind over God and I suffered.  We suffer when we do that people.  As hard as this ever changing reality is to face ...it is the only way to peace.

All is well

Michael A. Singer/ Temple of the Universe ( May 11, 2023) Leaving the Personal Mind for Reality. https://tou.org/talks/

No comments:

Post a Comment