Wednesday, April 13, 2022

The Final Question

 

The question, "Who am I?" , is really not meant to get an answer.  The question, "Who am I?"  is   meant to dissolve the questioner.

Ramana Maharishi 


Question 50: How does asking the question, "Who am I?", set us free?



Completion of a Project

Wow!  I did it...well my body and mind, together with many unseen and inexplicable variables,  did something that resulted in a completion of specified action. I completed the 50th video, answered the 50th  question.   

It...this meager achievement, if you want to call it that... really has little to do with "me" though it came from me in the form of intention and volition.  I said I was going to do it and I committed myself to the effort of doing it. That was "my" part (I hate saying "my" because we really want to grow away from those pronouns, don't we?) The rest of the process was just up to Life.  I was not and am still not attached to outcome.  My motive was very intrinsic...to learn what I am learning. Obviously, no ego was  involved, as evidenced  by the unedited, unpracticed imperfection of each video ...which was what I wanted.  I did not want ego to step into this and take over. It was not about getting anyone out there to like "me"....it was all about the assimilated learning.  What did I learn?  What can others learn from this? 

I said I was going to answer 50 questions as part of this strange experiment I underwent to test my own learning. I said I was going to pull a random question from a jar and answer it within ten minutes. I said I was going to post it ,"as is", without editing and revising.  I said each answer was going to be authentic coming off the cuff so I could see how much learning I actually assimilated on my journey so far. And I felt this compulsion to share it in hope that this learning could help others. That is what I did and what you find here. 

Very few will see these videos or go through the trouble of watching them.  There are so many other videos out there that are more attractive and of better quality... and there is actual teachers out there better suited to share this learning. I know that. Still I felt compelled to do this and I did. It is exactly as it is meant to be. 

What I give here, as I do with everything on this blog, with my writing in general, with all the forms of creativity I offer... is my True Self...my higher Self through a very imperfect form and mind. I believe that is what we are all meant to give. 

All is well

No comments:

Post a Comment