Friday, April 8, 2022

On Reverence

 Process is honored in reverence.  The unfolding of Life, the maturation process, the process of growing through and coming into your own empowerment, is a process that needs to be approached with reverence.

Gary Zukav, page 35

Hmm!  I am reading Chapter 3 now and it is about reverence.  In relation to what I wrote yesterday, I see that we, as humans, need to revere not only everything and everyone in our human experience but the unfolding of Life itself.  No matter what she gives us, or what shows up in front of us if we see the "deeper" significance of it, if we see the sacredness in it as part of our spiritual  evolution,  we will approach it with the reverence it deserves. We will honor our suffering and our joy. We will honor Life.

Reverence and Karma do go hand in hand. Actions and reactions in the physical arena set energy into motion, forming our experiences and revealing in the processes the soul has yet to learn.  A person who approaches Life with reverence will not be able to take part in actions or reactions that increase the karmic debt.  They will never be able to harm or destroy any aspect of Life.  They will approach it all with Non-judgmental justice. 

Most importantly, Reverence is engaging in a form and a depth of contact with Life that is well beyond the shell of form and into essence...is a perception of the soul. So when I look at the suffering of those around me, sometimes it is overwhelming and I resist it with all my judgement and perceptions  that it is "bad, wrong, and shouldn't be." I forget that Life knows what she is doing and that it is unfolding in front of me exactly as it is meant to, unfolding in front of those suffering beings I love exactly as it is meant to. It is not "bad, wrong, or shouldn't be"...on the deeper, often invisible level, it is purposeful, healing and exactly as it is meant to be.  It is a holy and sacred process that honors the essence of these individuals, even if it does not appear to appease their ego personalities. I have to remind myself that there is something beneath their personalities that is being served by their experiences. There is an essence there that sees and welcomes the sacred learning it is being offered...even if it seems unfair and overwhelming to the personality. 

Without reverence our experiences are brutal and destructive. With reverence , our experiences become compassionate and caring.

I don't know about you, but I prefer compassionate and caring.


All is well. 

Gary Zukav (1989/2014) The Seat of the Soul.  New York: Simon and Schuster

No comments:

Post a Comment