Sunday, April 10, 2022

Moving Forward Consciously

Please show me the way to bliss that is above pain or pleasure, doubt or delusion.  That eternal state can't be reached by the five senses.  I desire the path by which the Great Righteous ones manage to escape from the sufferings of this world. 

Yoga Vasistha Kindle Edition  


Hmm!  I have a yoga class in a few minutes but I felt compelled to come here first to jot down a few words.  I is the most important "ritual" of my day and our days are full of rituals , aren't they?  that brings me to what I was writing about yesterday in reference to the first laws of a motion: a body in uniform motion will remain in uniform motion until it is acted upon by a force?" 

How much of our daily habits and rituals are part of this uniform motion?  I believe these things are perfectly okay as long as we are mindful of  the motives for our doing and those motives and intentions are wholesome and skillful leading us toward a higher understanding...rather than a numbing effect. I can honestly say that my being here with my words is wholesome and skillful.  The yoga teaching I am about to do is wholesome and skillful. Time spent with my grandchildren and children...wholesome and skillful.  Deep conversations at the table with D. in the mornings...wholesome and skillful.  My reading and listening...studying and seeking "pointers" from others on how to get to where I want to be...wholesome and skillful. My walks in the woods...wholesome and skillful. 

So I am moving forward consciously in many ways, there is a force within me that is putting an end to some of that unconscious uniform motion. Still...I get caught up by mind and I am pulled...up down and all around.  I get caught up in the uniform motion again and again.  What stops it?  I take a step back, I take a breath and I begin again...in another direction.


Hmmm!


All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment