Thursday, April 14, 2022

Light of Consciousness

 By choosing your thoughts and by selecting what emotional currents you will release and which you will reinforce, you determine the quality of your Light. ...Light represents consciousness.

Gary Zukav , page 79


It is already 2PM and I am just tapping out my first few words here.  This is my daily priority yet I find it is being gently pushed more and more to the end of the day.  Most of my writing "ommpf" is usually drained out at this time of the day but this is more often becoming  the time I open my blog. So I sit here,now saying to myself, "Well I finally got here...What do I write about?" 

Light? 

I am reading Chapter Six of Zukav's book. The chapter is about  Light.  As I was reading this  morning I heard myself saying, "Man I wish this were all true.  I love what Zukav  says and it resonates with me.  It feels like it should be true." And I just slurp it all up like a chocolate milkshake through a straw. It does resonate with so many other teachings I have studied over the years...so, so many.  Most recently ACIM and the Yoga Vasistha and it have many connecting points.  They use different language, analogies and concepts as pointers but they do point in the same direction.

Going Vertical

Our goal in Life is to balance our soul with our personality by establishing and relying on our higher Self.  We want to remember who we really are beneath these bodies, minds  and personalities.  We want to stop putting all our energy and effort into controlling the horizontal world which is ego's illusion of the  physical world...and  take, instead,  the vertical road ...which is the spiritual road that will bring us home.  

The Non Physical

We are evolving from limited beings dependent on what the five senses provide to determine our reality, to beings that can sense a reality that is not picked up by our five senses. We are beings surrounded, Zukav and others tell us,  by other invisible beings that are here to teach us or here to guide us.  For many of us, it is next to impossible to even consider that this could be true because we only perceive and accept the world the five senses relay to us. If we cannot see it or hear it...it isn't "real".

I believe there is so much more out there that we cannot see and I have felt the compassionate hand  of some inexplicable "something" more than once at the small of my back guiding me forward.  I have felt wisdom from some great teacher being downloaded into me on more than one occasion as well. I cannot prove it but to date science has not been able to "disprove" it either. It is just a big "I don't know but maybe". 

It is a nice "maybe"  and I find myself praying, writing, speaking to, asking questions of,  and being grateful for this "maybe". 

Light Energy Within

All of us would agree, wouldn't we, that light exists?  We agree that there is a speed to light as well.  But all light is, according to science as well as to the Vasistha,  a reflection of that which sheds no light. Light is energy and when its frequency is slow enough we can see its reflection, this is physical light.  Soul light...that energy that comes from the soul in the form of creativity, compassion, gratitude, peace and love...operates in the same way as physical light but it is much, much  faster and too bright for the human eye to see. It is invisible but so much more powerful than even physical light. Too many of us are not operating at the radiant soul level because personality,which is a physical type of light,  operates in lower energy forms...with emotions like fear, anger, regret, shame, guilt, despair etc. If we are thinking thoughts that generate such low grade feelings we are not experiencing the higher frequencies we were meant to experience. 

We will stay in low energy frequencies, feeling emotionally down and sick until we recognize that there is another reality beyond what the five senses pick up.  Until we recognize there is a possible  higher frequency to operate under, until we consciously choose more life affirming thoughts and beliefs, so our emotional frequencies can radiate with Love, compassion, peace etc...e will not evolve to the higher level of Light radiation humans are heading toward.  We will not consciously recognize the teachers and guides that want to lead us there. Well that is what Zukav explains in the book. 

What do you think about all that? Even if you do not see the "light within" or believe that you have any "non-physical guides or teachers"  maybe you still believe there are levels to our consciousness and that the more conscious we are, the more aware and able we are to let go of  feelings and thoughts within us that are not wholesome and do not serve.  We need to mindfully and skillfully choose our thoughts and selectively water the feelings we want to turn into action and intention for the betterment of the world. We want to shine light not darkness out Life. 

All is well in my world. 

Gary Zukav ( 1989/2014)The Seat of the Soul. New York: Simon and Schuster 

No comments:

Post a Comment