Monday, April 4, 2022

Heaven on Earth?

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal,but lay up for yourself treasures in heaven where neither moth or rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 

Matthew 6-19:21

Question 46: What is Heaven and how do we get there? 



Man, I cannot get over the thumbnails.  I laugh a little every time I see them.Thank God, I have almost  transcended my concern about how I may appear to others. 

Please Note: I Know Absolutely Nothing!  I realize I  may have seemingly given off an air of authority in the above video.  I have none! What I give is my opinion, my learning, and what I have come to believe...but knowledge, sureness, expertise and authority?  I have none. I should have made that clear.

I am not dishing "religion"  either ...no one's...I just tend to look deeply into and question what I was taught and that means looking deeply into scripture and determining what it means to me.  I know to fundamentalists that is a major no-no. . .I won't  be making  the short list, according to them.

I included the above passage because when we think of the distinction between Heaven and Earth, we need to think of the treasures we seek in each.  Earth, to me,  is the horizontal plane and Heaven is the Vertical.  The horizontal plane offers treasures that are so enticing to the ego but worthless to the soul...things that will perish because they are at the mercy of time. Heaven, this higher and deeper dimension offers timeless treasures, those treasures which are worth pursuing.  I also didn't mean to dish the 10 Commandments...I follow those rules of being.  I just want us to be weary of the need we humans seem to have to do God's work of punishing, judging and determining who will "go to heaven" and who won't, based on these rules. We know nothing!  

Yet, if we tap into the higher and deeper dimensions within us, we tap into the eternal treasures: Love, compassion, kindness, clarity, wisdom and reverence for Life.  These are true treasures and living for them is truly Heaven on Earth. ( Well that is what I believe, but what do I know?) 

Neither shall they say " lo here!" or "lo there!" for, behold,  the Kingdom of God is within you. 

Luke 17:21 KJV

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment