Friday, April 22, 2022

A Sign

If your daily life seems poor, don't blame it; blame yourself that you are not poet enough to call forth its riches; for the Creator, there is no poverty.

Rainer Maria Rilke

As you know  I have been asking for a sign. I have been  writing and oh so openly  addressing this restlessness and worry I have been carrying around with me for weeks now regarding my writing conundrum.  I told myself if I got a publication, it  would be a sign...a published poem, an even greater sign....a sign that yeah I should be writing.  So I sent out a few things a couple of weeks ago with little expectation or attachment to outcome. I prayed for support and  guidance.  Not so much because  I wanted a publication to appease my ego that is so all about puffing itself up and being seen as productive in society's eyes, but because I wanted to know if I was on the right path to fulfilling my purpose here at the deepest level. I want to do what soul wants, not what ego wants.  Does soul want me to write?  I think it does...I really do because it seems that it just comes out of me, especially the poetry.  There is something very special about writing poetry that goes beyond understanding. It is not something I do.  It is something that happens through me.  And I am not saying my poetry is good by any means nor is it bad...it just is what it is. 

Anyway...I got a publication in a lovely journal beside many wonderful poets.  Just to be on the same page as them fills me with pride. Oh Oh...is that an ego puffing up? lol . 

I got a sign, just soul saying, "I was trying to tell you that you were supposed to write but you wouldn't listen! Listen!" 

Anyway...I don't want ego to get in the way here. A poetry publication does not change the motivation by which I write.  I have to watch that old ego of mine...it can get as puffed up as a peacock. I don't want it to get ahead of itself.  

 I am grateful, very grateful to the publication and to anyone who reads what I write. 

Please read the amazing poets on this page.

http://www.soul-lit.com/

All is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment