Thursday, October 7, 2021

A Sigh

 

God is an unutterable sigh, planted in the depths of the  soul.

Jean Paul


I want to let out a big sigh here...a big S-s-s-si-i-i-i-g-g-g-h-h-h-!!! Not a desperate frustrated type of sigh...but a sigh one exhales after a big, delicious meal when one is full and content but not quite done.  I am full, it seems of  so, so much learning that keeps coming and coming...and though I am full there is always room for more. I just want to keep eating.  

It is not glutteny or greed...just openeness.  As soon as I ingest...it flows through me in these sighs.  I sigh out this learning  in my family life...I sigh it out in my studio...I sigh in out in the caring for others that I am doing...I sigh when I experience nature through the lens of my camera and I sigh very deeply on  this page.  Every time I sigh... I just make room for more... each and every time. 

What I learn, what I see, what I experience,  what I gain I have no choice, it seems, but to give away.  These sighs are my giving away that which was never mine to cling to. I am gaining so much...but not for the purpose of hoarding and collecting in order to strengthen some idea I have of 'myself' ...but to have it just flow through me the way I believe it is meant to.   I guess, if I keep up with this...whatever this is I will be  filled but never full. ...spacious but never empty....gaining knowledge but never knowing.  

I cannot explain it.  It is so bizarre and so wonderful at the same time. 

All I can think to do is : Sigh! 

All is well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment