Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Loving Autumn



Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the Autumn tree. 
Emily Bronte



I absolutely love  early Autumn in my part of the world.  The light and colour is absolutely amazing! I love the weather...cool and crisp  in the morning and evenings, warmer during the days.  I love the smell of  a landscape ripened to completion.  I love the fact that Autumn offers us humans and other beings so much sustenance in the form of harvest, giving us an opportunity to collect and store for the less abundant months ahead. I, for example, am collecting the most beautiful apples from my overloaded trees out front, a gift from another generous being, and am in the process of making apple pies for myself and others. I intend to put many away for the bleaker times  as  a reminder of  the precious bounty offered up by these young trees filling  more than just our bellies.



 I especially love the light in Autumn.  It is lower than it is in summer, like that light before a sunset, casting a golden hue over everything. Oh man!  I just love the season.  The woods where I walk offer a wonderful space to soak it all up! And the horses in the field, love the apples we provide.

Love being alive! Don't you? 

All is well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment