Sunday, October 31, 2021

The Recognition in Namaste

 Love is the recognition that you share the same essence ...recognizing essence of Self in the other. 

Eckhart Tolle

When I look at my granddaughter who has not been on the planet long enough to be conditioned to the idea of needing "special relationships" and whose perception is not yet veiled by ego ...I see so clearly. I feel such pure, authentic and unpolluted Love.  I mean the real thing. When she smiles or laughs at something silly I say or do...I know she sees her "Self"  in me. She feels that pure, uncontaminated Love for "me". She sees beyond "Nana's" clump of flesh with its silly faces and silly stories to that which cannot be seen. We do not just share the same genes...we share the same essence.  

We all share that essence. Yet too many of us are blinded by our attachments and our expectations...We have created thick ego veils over our line of vision and through that see only seperate forms.  We do not see that essence we share beneath the form.

I teach yoga so the word "Namaste" is the last word I offer my students before they get up off the matt. The light in me sees and honours the light in you .



How beautiful the world would be if we could all see and honour this light in one another.

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment