Saturday, October 30, 2021


Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One day you are just a mother. The next, you are all wise and prehistoric.

Pam Brown

 I am back.  Was away looking after my beautiful and highly energetic granddaughter while my son's second baby, a beautiful grandson for me, ( yes ...he was brought in the world solely for  the purpose of giving "me" a grandson lol),  was being delivered. They needed a five day stay in hospital following...and I now need five days...maybe five weeks of sleep lol.  I raised four children of my own...three were in diapers at the same time and this little red headed bottle of energy I chased around for five days made me question, "How did I do it back then?"  Of course,  when my kids were her age I was twenty plus years younger, whatever I have going on now in this ticker of mine was just beginning to cause me problems and it was a job I absolutely wanted to do. I loved/love being a mother. I absolutely love being a grandmother too and  am not complaining.  Having those five days with her was the highlight of my year accumulating in the birth of her baby brother...another  ball of energy to chase around in a year's time. I am so, so grateful as a grandmother! Just a little sleep deprived and tired so I will get back on track tomorrow.

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment