Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Like Sunflowers





Sunflowers

 Great majestic heads,
crowned with rays of sun
bend gracefully 
in the early Autumn breeze.
Vibrant and reassuring,
offered up
so cheerfully
to the fluttering
and humming Life
 that passes by.

Life's breath flows unseen
through strong torsos, 
tall and erect
waving but unwavering 
against an ever changing 
landscape

Broad leafs,
extend outwardly,
 asking
for more 
of what is needed to
allow their beings
to dance,
accepting
with  shameless gratitude
nature's ever giving
bounty.

Roots,
I can not see,
stretch deep below
the visible surface

like elegant, pointed toes,
trusting without sight,
 delicately connecting
and
spinning into all that is.


I breathe and 
like the sunflowers
settle
into the breeze 
shared by my own
little existence,
supported and fed 
by this body
that holds me upright.
Reaching out

my trembling hands
I ask
for what is needed
to sustain me.
Blushing,

but getting past
my shame of needing;
I slowly,
ever so slowly ,

learn
to appreciate all that
lands on my
outstretched appendages. 
Like the sunflowers,
  I begin to trust  
that all
will be transformed
into that which  will

stretch and lengthen
this version of Life
as it expands 
toward the infinite space of sky.


Though I can not yet
see my own roots,

my own tattered and worn
point shoes,
I imagine them there
extending
and reaching out
to the Source of everything.
I let go and do my best
to trust the

perfect  flow and rhythm of
 nature's dance,
allowing the music of Life
to open me up
to all that is.

Like
the dancing sunflowers,
I am freed.

© Dale-Lyn : July, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment